X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a "moire" ?

What is a moire?

To quote myself...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">all crt type monitors have moire. It is the effect of two horizontal/veritcal patterns superimposed on top of one another. Visually akin to screens used in doors and the resulting pattern they produce.</font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Moire is produced soley by a misalgnment between the electron gun(s) and screen/mask/grill depending on type of crt used. To minimize it's effects you must adjust at the source... the monitor. Most higher quality monitors have at least a horizontal moire adj. (if not both H and V moire adjustments). This is achieved normally by inducing a horizonally and or vertically polarized guassian type blur into the beam.</font>
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

BTW we do have this really nifty feature on the forums... it's called "Search".
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Another way of stating the answer is moire is an interference pattern which shows up on the monitor display as curved equi-distant lines of alternating higher and lower intensity. They are caused by what was said above.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 05 February 2001).]

Comment

Thank you for responding..
          I uses Win98 at 1280x960 desktop resolution.
          When doing windows Shutdown, I saw some kind of screen patern, and I'm wondering if that is a moire.

BTW. Spell Check button seems to not working properly.. Action canceled.. Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested.

Comment

Yes that moire

For problems with the forums please post over on Site Feedback

Comment

Working...
            X