Visual C++ 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual C++ 6

I'm using VC6 and I get strange bug. When I compile my project it gives me "error executing cl.exe" and when I link it does "error executing bscmake.exe". Anyone know's what could cause that and how I could correct it?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Can you post some of the source?

Rags

Comment

wow.... that was fast

well maybe I could rip some of the code, but it's many pages long.... I really don't understand what's going on with it since I used most of my function in an other app with no problems. The one real new thing is that I included a library of microsoft with some problems.... maybe it's that? I often get "unhandled execption in bscmake".

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Here's the library I had problem with.... I had to disable 4 waning to get it to compile without error/warning.

#import "c:\windows\system\mshtml.tlb"

I'm still looking for some code that could create such errors, but I have mostly loop in that app...

Spazm

[This message has been edited by spazm_1999 (edited 06 February 2001).]

Comment

What it looks like to me, is that VC is giving you an error in the way your code is written, and without seeing the code it's rather hard to tell what it means. That isn't like any error I have seen, but sometimes I get errors when I have typos that show unhandled exception faults.

Rags

Comment

can't tell it's the first time I see that.... normally it compiles without errors/warning... I really force myself to write things correctly and I always use debug level 4 to verify my code.... but this is weird functions works in other app and this one reuse it without any modifications. One 1 of them is new. That function was cut and pasted from the msdn library so it's error free but required the library "mshtml.tbl" I don't even know what's that I just added it and it added me 4 warnings.

The biggest prob in this is that my passwords & usersnames are in that app.... plus my private website.

Spazm

Comment

Okay, what's the new function? Have a link maybe if you don't have the space to post it here.

Rags

Comment

Just thought about a thing I've noticed... that app used to compile in about 15-20 sec. When I added the function and the import setting it jumped to 3mins. Maybe this is normal I just don't know much about that import but it's just weird.

Spazm

Comment

Cut and pasted from microsoft.com

--------------
                  #import "C:\winnt\system32\mshtml.tlb" // location of mshtml.tlb

void CMyClass::ExecuteScriptFunction()
                  {
                  // m_WebBrowser is an instance of IWebBrowser2
                  MSHTML::IHTMLDocument2Ptr spDoc(m_WebBrowser.GetDocument());

if (spDoc)
                  {
                  IDispatchPtr spDisp(spDoc->GetScript());
                  if (spDisp)
                  {
                  // Evaluate is the name of the script function.
                  OLECHAR FAR* szMember = L"evaluate";
                  DISPID dispid;

HRESULT hr = spDisp->GetIDsOfNames(IID_NULL, &szMember, 1,
                  LOCALE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT, &dispid);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
                  {
                  COleVariant vtResult;
                  static BYTE parms[] = VTS_BSTR;

COleDispatchDriver dispDriver(spDisp);

dispDriver.InvokeHelper(dispid, DISPATCH_METHOD, VT_VARIANT,
                  (void*)&vtResult, parms,
                  "5+Math.sin(9)");
                  }
                  }
                  }
                  }
                  ------------

..... spacing really suck on that board.... I which taht the ccode tag been available here....

Spazm

Comment

I just relinked to get the true error message... i don't know if that's gonna help you tho.

------
                    Creating browse info file...
                    BSCMAKE: warning BK4502 : truncated .SBR file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr' not in Debug/FRSearch.bsc
                    BSCMAKE: error BK1513 : nonincremental update requires all .SBR files
                    Error executing bscmake.exe.
                    ------

Spazm

Comment

Okay, what specifically are looking to add to your program?

Rags

Comment

My app has to run a javascript included on that page, and I tested my function it works.

The app is working fine, but the problem is that I have to compile 3 times to get the .exe working!! That's more than annoying.

Spazm

Comment

Okay, I kind of understand what you are doing, you are using ActiveX to pull information from a website, no? What version of IE are you currently running?

Comment

I just removed the function I took from microsoft website and the import.... it resolved my problem... but I need that func. Damn seem that this file is really too big for the compiler or something like that.

Spazm

Comment

ActiveX is supposed to be included in my app since I use IE5 function to display the web page. I use win98 so IE5 is installed by default... I didn't install any pacth didn't even check if there was some.

I readded the import only not the func it the problem came back.... so it's not the function that is defect it's some weird prob with the import..... I have 3-4 warning with it do you want 'em?

spazm

Comment

Working...
                              X