Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative sound card + New WDM drivers= BSOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative sound card + New WDM drivers= BSOD!

Hi everyone
    I recently downloaded the new WDM drivers for my Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI 64 sound card. (www.creative.com) The OS is Win Me. The default WDM drivers for my s/c are already installed by Win Me, but when I install the new drivers, I just can’t get into Windows after rebooting. As soon as the desktop starts to load, I get a BSOD with the following message “Windows has encountered an error- Press Enter to return to windows or press any other key to continue” (no file name is given). Pressing enter/any other key just brings up the same screen again, and when I again press enter/any key, the blue screen goes away and I can hear the startup sound, but the desktop doesn’t load-I get a blank screen. Bringing up the close program box shows that nothing is loaded. If I restart, the same thing happens and eventually I have to uninstall the drivers in safe mode. I have tried removing the sound card from device manager and then installing the drivers, but the same thing happens, though in this case, if I do not reboot, the s/c works and the volume control shows all the advanced options like reverb, chorus etc indicating that the new drivers are working. Also, disabling everything from startup doesn’t help.
    My s/c is on IRQ 9 and there are no conflicts. Pleeez help!!
    Thanks
    Ovi

System config:
    P-III 450, 128 MB PC100 SDRAM, Matrox Millennium G200 (8 MB)(PD 6.23), Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI 64 s/c, Samsung 4.3 GB HDD, Creative Infra 48x CDROM drive
    Win Me with DirectX 8
Working...
X