HTML codes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML codes....

Can someone tell me how the TARGET thing works. I have a HTML page that uses 2 frames and 1 of them use TARGET="_top" but what does top represent in realyty?

I'm asking this 'cus I did a little software that goes on that page and I used navigate function and passed _TOP as parameter but the function didn't found what it was... so I changed it to main_frame which the name of the upper frame and it creates errors. So now i'm wondering what _TOP is...

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

All the official html specifications, as well as short explanations of what does what:
    www.w3c.org

copy past from there:
    _top
    The user agent should load the document into the full, original window (thus canceling all other frames). This value is equivalent to _self if the current frame has no parent.

So as you can see, if you have a link on a page with frames, and target="_top" is a parameter of that link, it will kill the frames and put the target of the link over the whole browser window in stead of one of the frames of the page.

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 31 January 2001).]

Comment

Given to me by good buddy JamesA:
      www.blooberry.com
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks to both of you I've got all I need now and the bug in my app has been corected.

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Working...
        X