Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any G200MMS users out there?

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a few 200MMS cards for work, and I have a simple question for anyone who has them, and is running the latests (or newish) drivers.

Does the 200MMS use the mga.mon file, and if it does, can you check it for me and see if it contains reference to a setting for wide screen resolutions of 1360x768?

I know the newer G400 drivers do, and I successfully used an mga.mon from that driver pack with some plain old G200 cards we have here to drive out 50" NEC plasma screens at 1360x768 so I was hoping I could do the same with the 200MMS driving 3 plasma screens at once.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
    Beast

Beast's Random Thoughts All my crazy hardware mods
    Beast

How about using an AGP G450 alongside 3 PCI G450s? That might be a better performing solution... (I assume you can do that).

The MTSUtil on Matrox' site lets you define custom resolutions for their drivers... I don't know, but I'd assume that it'd work on the G200 MMS as well. Have you tried asking on Matrox' own forums?

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I'm open to suggestions, and as we only have 3 plasma screens, then the 1 agp, 2 pci thing could work quite well.

I'm not particularly up on Matrox specs (NVidia man myself) but I have been reading reviews of the G450 and it seems like a good platform (cost wise) if you're not interested in gaming (which we're not... at work anyway .

Could you explain why multiple 450s would be better than a 200mms?

BTW: No I've not tried the Matrox forums on this one yet. Last year, when I was trying to get the G200 to do the wide screen res, matrox were denying their cards could even do it (on their forums), yet at the same time, they had support for the exact res I was asking about in their NT4 G400 drivers (albiet remmed out). That kind of detered me from 'official' support.

Matrox Australia phone support is nothing short of woeful.

Thanks again,

------------------
      Beast

Beast

Comment

Hi Beast,

we just received a few 50" plasma's and we will have this resolution included in our MMS drivers within 2 driver releases.

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 01 February 2001).]

Comment

Beast, FYI I asked Haig to comment on this and he's Matrox's tech suppport manager.

Welcome to the forums
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Haig (and Greebe). Good to see we're finally getting some officialy support for the plasmas!

Haig, can you see a problem driving 3 plasmas from one 200mms all at 1360x768?

I'm also wondering how long 2 driver releases is likely to take as we plan to get a new card to drive all the plasmas from one box very soon.

Thanks again,

------------------
            Beast

Beast

Comment

You'll have noticed by now that Matrox is the choice for any area where FPS ain't paramount

As Steve said , a G450 AGP with a G450 PCI would drive 3 screens - at much lower cost than a G200 MMS probably, but at the expense of an extra slot.

Now then, all we need is for Haig to tell us where the FPS fix is going to come from and I'm upgrading

Hope this helps 'Beast',

Paul.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

So far, we have 3 hooked up and don't see a problem.

NEC also gave us 48", and a 42" plasma's which are also connected to another G200MMS system and see no problems yet.

Pace - Upgrading to what?

Haig

Comment

Don't mind Pace ... he's just trying to confuse you.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Oh yes. That fuse is really getting everyone thinking isn't it

Haig

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X