Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survey - Who has the best overall prices online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey - Who has the best overall prices online?

The main vendor I bought my supplies from went under, and as we all know when your building a complete system buying from multiple vendors quickly eats into the savings.

Do any of you have a vendor that in general has good prices on their computer products and doesn't jerk you with shipping costs?

My two cents is to still buy quality RAM from people like Mushkin and Crucial.. RAM is the one area you don't want to skimp on and Crucial has really good prices now and free 2nd day shipping

Thanks everyone!
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Sometime buy.com is worth doing, especially when they have free shipping. I just put my cousin's system together from unitedmicro.com, and the shipping wasn't bad, even with the case. They don't have all the brands though. Also, sometimes outpost.com has good prices. It's worth checking, since they have free overnight air. I ordered a monitor at 7PM one evening, and signed for it at 9AM the next morning.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Multiwave...not always the absolute best prices, but consistantly close, and trustworthy.
      http://192.216.185.10/mwave

Comment

I'm with Wombat about Buy.com. They're great if you know exactly want, nothing tricky, no tech support, etc. I know there have been horror stories, but I have had great luck with them (probably 10 orders total, ~ $1500 spent). What's nice too, is that I'm in the Bay Area, and since they have a distribution center nearby, when I order something UPS ground, I usually get it the next day.

For more specialized parts (memory, high-end harddrives, etc) I frequent "speciality" sites, since I appreciate the info and service they provide, usually with competitive prices.

John

Comment

I will have to second the recommendation for mwave, as well. The service is good, and they're honest about inventory if you call them. However, they are certainly not among the first people to pass price reductions along to the customer.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I use mwave all the time. Nice easy to use e-shop. Wombat is totally correct in what he said about them.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
            X