Thanks, I'll send you a Mars bar if you do

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

I guess not
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hmmm, maybe you should post in an Amiga or Apple forum. The chance of finding somone knowing 68k assembler surely would be higher there...
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

I do, Paul... but only on my C64

And I don't have a good enough emulator that can do what my Final Cartridge III and my Action Replay V6.0 from Datel can do

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Let's see: x86, PA-RISC, two architectures I designed/worked with. All good.
          68k is Tuesday, really .
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I sorta know HP Saturn assembly language, but that probably won't help unless you're gonna use a HP48/49.

Comment

Is this a trick question?
              chuck

PS Anyone know of an online 68k asm reference?
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Jord I think your a bit confussed, the C=64 used a 6502 processor not a 68000, these were used on Amiga's, ST's, Apples, HP JetDirect cards:?, etc. I used to program assembly code on my ST but that was years ago and I would be hard pushed to remember any of it now
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Pace ... are you still trying to come up with this code? I've programmed in many different assemblers over the years but never on Motorola chips. I don't think I have any reference manuals at home for the 68K but I might be able to find the instruction set on a Motorola site. Let me know and I could give it a whack.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I did some 68HC11 microcontroller programming 'bout 5 years ago... for post-sec lab project. Still have the board and all the wire wrapping

but it's still not 68000

------------------
                    Abit BH6 r1.01
                    Celeron2-566 o/c to 850MHz+Slotket!!! 1.8v
                    256 Megs PC-133 Cas3
                    Matrox G400 SH OEM (not oc'd) rev=03h
                    Diamond Monster Sound MX400
                    ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

I just remembered I have an old Mac Classic stuck away in the closet; I could even test the code on that. Let me know if you still need the code and when.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Don't forget the Atari 400/800 - they were 680x0 based.

If you had asked me 12 years ago, I probably wrote that for an assignment in my assembler class... now, I don't remember a single thing.
                        PIII 550@605
                        IWill Motherboard VD133
                        VIA Chipset
                        512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                        G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                        DirectX 8.0a
                        SB Live! Value
                        8x DVD (Toshiba)
                        6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                        Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                        3Com CMX Cable Modem
                        Optiquest V95 19"
                        HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                        Microtek flatbed scanner
                        Intellimouse Explorer
                        Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                        AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Look at Motorolas homepages. They must have datasheets over the 68000 processor, and in the datasheets you can find assembler commands. Since you probably have an compiler for the 68000 you can try to find some documentation of it and there's probably all assembler commands listed...
                          The coding in the assembler language is up to you to do.
                          I myself prefer to code processors in C, it's kinda easier
                          My system:
                          | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
                          homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

There's a bug in that code ... it should be XOR, not OR.

Comment

It's not a bug, it's a feature! *
                              I only ever want to turn NumLock off!
                              I'm terrible at 10-key
                              chuck

PS It's just a faster way of doing "MOV AX, 00h" (fewer clock cycles)
                              It might also have been polite to PUSH and POP AX, just in case, now that people use windows.

*I've always wanted a chance to say that!

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 22 January 2001).]
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X