Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernation in Win Me-display problem

Hi
    This post is in partial reference to this: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002872.html
    I finally managed to enable ‘Hibernate’ in Win Me by not installing the drivers for ‘Wave device for voice modem’ and then disabling it. Hibernate works well too but there’s one problem- Whenever my computer is put into hibernation and then started the next time, it loads up fine except that the display is shifted to the left by about ½ a cm. Changing the refresh rate doesn’t help. I remember that Arbymo had the same problem but it couldn’t be solved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks
    Ovi

System Config:
    PIII- 450, Acorp i440zx M/B, 128 MB PC100 SDRAM,
    Samsung 4.3 GB ATA33 HDD,
    Matrox Millennium G200 (8 MB)
    Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI 64 sound card
    Samsung Samtron 55v monitor (15”)
    Win Me with DirectX 8
    PD 6.21.037

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 12 January 2001).]

That's probably just a problem of letting the CRT warm up. Is it properly positioned after five minutes or so?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Xortam!
      The problem happens even if I put the system in hibernation and then start it immediately thereafter. Also the picture remains that way until I restart the system. In any case,the shifting of the picture is much more than when the monitor is cold!
      Cheers
      Ovi

Comment

Any ideas,anyone??

Comment

<u>Update</u>
          Problem solved!! I just moved back to PD 6.04 and now the display remains in its proper position after resuming from Hibernation. I guess then that this is probably a bug in PD6.21. I'm posting this here so that if anyone is having similar problems, then he/she can try shifting to previous PD versions!
          Cheers
          Ovi

Comment

Oops ... somehow missed your response. Glad you got it solved.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
            X