NEC 19 inch monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC 19 inch monitors

Saw one in a store couldn't remember the exact model number (Fe950?) but it looked nice. Unfortunatley they didn't have one in stock and they wouldn't sell me the display model.
    Anyone out there with a 19 inch Nec monitor have any comments on how good or bad they are.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I don´t have one, but I saw one in a store showing the desktop. It was quite fine, nice and sharp with vivid colours(the background picture had a lot of colours).

I will probably buy one of those FE950 soon when I´m buying a new system in march. The decision is easy considering the price.

Comment

I love my old 17" NEC. Haven't checked out monitors in recent years though.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I've got the FE950. Had it for a few months and LOVE it!. Crisp picture, great colours and a nice big screen. There's a slight 'wonkiness' in the lower right hand corner (can't quite get it to square off properly) but it's not really noticeable.

Comment

jfyi, the technical term for wonkiness is "geometric distortions". from my experience, every monitor has them at varying degrees. (i heard ezzo (sp?) monitors might be an exception)

Comment

That's 'Eizo', AKA Nanao.

And yes, their high-end monitors are excellent, especially the F980. If only I had $2000 burning a hole in my pocket...

Comment

No negatives yet looking good.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yah mean 'wonkiness' ain't a tech term?! Damn!

Comment

A NEC FP950 has been my primary monitor for a year or so. Paired with a MAX produces extremely good picture. Supports 1600x1200x32x87Hz and even 2048x1536x32x60Hz.

...Sometimes, after working for 16-20 hours I ask myself what would have been with my eyes if I had some other monitor?

------------------
                  Merely this, and nothing more
                  Computer Revolution makes it possible to substitute educated slaves for ignorant ones. (V.I.Arnold)

Comment

Replaced my old Mag DX715T with the FE950 when the Mag blew a component (failed to sync one day). I really like the monitor, great color, clarity, and with a G400 it really shines in the Picture quality department. I have this connected via a Belkin OmniCube 4-port switch to my 4 systems, and it hasn't had a hiccup yet (it waits a bit before synchronizing to the new signal source after switching - I think that may be what blew the MAG).

Great monitor. You won't be disapointed.

Guyver
                    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                    - 6.1 Digital Audio
                    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                    - LS120 IDE Floppy
                    - Zip 100 IDE
                    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                    - NEC FE950
                    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

'wonkiness' works just fine
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

'wonkiness'
                        Isn't that the candy bar?

Oboy
                        Sorry I just couldn't stop myself!
                        Time to make the wafers!
                        Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                        jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

"wonkiness", now there is a word for the millenium...abstract, slightly askew, distorted slightly, an abberation of varying degrees, or visual problems associated with drinking.

"I've been trying to get the plasma generator to work and have run into a bit of stickiness with the keyboard accelerators. Seems there is a bit of wonkiness about it."
                          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                          Matrox P
                          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                          LianLiPC70

Comment

Slight devation from the subject. I thought it was dual vision or blurring you suffered from when pissed and not wonkiness.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well just got an FE950 with a bit knocked off since the shop isn't going to stock it anymore. Just printing of the manual since that wasn't around.
                              Ironically the illyama I've got I finally found the best freq to display it at. However theres still slight ghosting and the display has to be tilted slightly to get an even colour across the screen. So it's off to the spare machine with that.
                              I'll hook up the fe950 shortly.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X