No announcement yet.

Anyone running a g400max at 89mhz AGP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running a g400max at 89mhz AGP?

I'm tying to OC to 133fsb (89agp) which keeps crashing...I want to know if this is even possible with a g400max...

Thanx

It generally is. Try forcing AGP 1X.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

"Try forcing AGP 1X."

How do I do that? Bios or a registry hack?

Thanks.

Comment

Try at downloading the Matrox tweak utility.

http://www.murc.ws/ scroll down and you get the option to download it. This allows you to overclock and force agp x1 or x2.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm assuming this is the the tweak from matrox and not the other one?

Comment

Yes, he is talking about the latest tweak util, released by Matrox Tech support.
            There is a link on MURC's front page from just a couple of days ago.
            It will allow you to force AGP modes, adjust some OGL and D3D settings, and overclock G200 and G400 cards.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks all for the help, I will try these suggestions when I get home tonight.

BTW, which driver should I use for w2k? The latest, or is one of the older ones better?

Thanx.

Comment

Mine is a vanilla and is running @ agp 2x, sometimes going a little HIGHER than 133 actually is easier to accomplish

Be sure you have enough voltage, I run @ 1.75v
                jim

------------------
                P3-700e with an MC-1000 @ agiga! Check it here!
                Abit BE6-2
                TwinMos 256mb pc-133
                Matrox......(wouldn't you like to know )
                Maxtor 40gb 7,200 ATA100
                SB Live!
                Toshiba 12x DVD
                Iomega 650cd burner
                Winblows 98se & DX8
                384k DSL
                and 19"'s of beautiful 32bit color!
                System 1:
                AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                Epox 8K7A
                2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                SBLIVE 5.1
                Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner
                Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The problem is that the AGP speed tracks the fsb speed...and while on the BX chipset the pci speed drops to 1/4 FSB ...there is no change in multiplier for the AGP bus....its locked at 2/3...

I dont think the voltage is a problem...I'm at 1.85 right now...too high for what it needs to be, but I wanted to eiliminate that as a possiblilty...

I really thinki ts the g400 not liking the agp speed...

Comment

Other things to check are your memory timings. You haven't said whether your overclocking your whole system or not.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

My G400 max works fine in my systemwith an FSB of 145MHz (ABIT BX 133 Raid) and worked fine in my friends system at a FSB of 150MHz (BE6-II)

------------------
                      Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

All extremists should be taken out and shot.
                      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Which makes me wonder if he's overclocking the whole system and pushing the cpu and memory to hard.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Mine runs at 95mz AGP and I have never had to tell it to go 1x or anything.
                          I'm with PIT. The problem may realy lie elswhere.
                          chuck

------------------
                          ABit BE6-2 V2, P3-650@923, 256mb@142cas3, 90gig (2x45) IBM 75GXP striped raid array, SB Live Value@3.0, Pioneer 104s DVD, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Linksys EtherFast NIC, LG 995e, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

change your fsb to 89, or as close as you can get, set your AGP ratio to 1/1, and see if the pc is stable.

Its the only way to know for sure that the G400 will handle that agp speed.

Make sure you make a bios recovery disk first though.

I ran my G400 at 89Mhz for about 2 years now with a 89Mhz agp (P3 450 at 600, then a P3 600 with a 1/1 agp ratio, then a P3 750 at 1000) , and its started clearing the bios every 10-20 cold boots for some reason.

Just bought a Asus P3V4X and my P3 750 slot1 CPU wont even run at 1 gig any more. It was fine in an old abit BX6R2 apart from that bios problem though.

Ali

------------------
                            P3 750@1000, 256Mb CAS2 RAM, Abit BX6R2.02, G400 32 DH, Adaptec 2940UW, soundblaster Live Gamer, D-link 10/100 NIC, 36XCD, 6X4X24 CD-RW, 2X4 DVD-RAM, Zip100, Cheetah HDD, Medalist Pro HDD, 20inch KTX as Primary, 17inch Panasonic as Secondary, KTX speakers with a sub, and some other suff I have forgotten.

Comment

I've got a Abit BX6r.2 with a Coppermine 700@933... uh-oh.. I hope I won't get what you got with your G400

Comment

Working...
                              X