X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest NV20 specs

Digit-life's analysis of the nv20.

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 16 January 2001).]
    Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

and your point is?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

And it looks like it will be anounced at the end of february,at intel's developer conference.

The specs look impressive enough,especially considering that the chip will feature HSR,otherwise it wouldn't be any faster in current games than the Gf2 ultra,and the worst part is that it looks like card makers will be ready with retail versions as soon as april.

note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
      P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Greebe,

My point?????

News!!!!!
        Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x--->6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

And based on the current crop of nVidia cards it will probably also carry a $600.00 price tag. A little bit too expensive for my blood.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Wrong. It'll be priced at or below Geforce 2 Ultra prices.

Also with the NV20 it isn't really about the speed it's more about the features that NV15 doesn't support. Comes out around the right time too when games are starting to support these features.
            C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Sorry Freak. I don't put any weight in your "information", especially after reading your G800 rumors.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hypothetically, if those are/close to the official nv20 specs, the card should run about what the GTS came out at ($350).

However, I think nvidia is going to want to keep the momentum it has, and will cut the initial prices of the NV20 to sub-300. (By controlling its prodcution affiliates)

The total cost of manufacturing an nvidia-based card is cheaper than an equivalent card from ATI or Matrox. (Since nvidia outsources all production)

So, by releasing the NV20 at a price below what consumers expect, they will generate huge demand. ATI/Matrox will have to sit idly by, or sell their cards at less of a profit.

The reason I believe nvidia will have cheap NV20 prices is in anticipation of what ATI/Matrox should be releasing around the same time frame. So nvidia maintains its momentum by releasing a top-of-the-line graphics card at a substantially cheaper price than competitors, while still maintaining the quality everyone has grown accustomed to.

In the near future consumers win due to lowered prices for next-gen products.

Comment

The total cost of manufacturing an nvidia-based card is cheaper than an equivalent card from ATI or Matrox. (Since nvidia outsources all production)

Ummm, I don't know where you get those ideas, but there's no reason to think one way or the other.

The reason I believe nvidia will have cheap NV20 prices is in anticipation of what ATI/Matrox should be releasing around the same time frame. So nvidia maintains its momentum by releasing a top-of-the-line graphics card at a substantially cheaper price than competitors, while still maintaining the quality everyone has grown accustomed to.

Yuck. The reason I don't buy nVidia stuff is because of the quality.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Wrong. It'll be priced at or below Geforce 2 Ultra prices.</font>
                    You nvidiots must feel real stupid when nvidea does that to you
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Hey look! it only took them 2 YEARS to figure out how to do EMBM! behehehehehe!
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

"If he's saying what I think he's saying, then he thinks that because NVIDIA only make chips then their cards will be cheaper."

Pace, how can you tell me this doesn't make sense? 3dfx realized that the graphics card business model was more efficient w/o the production facilities. (A bit too late)

For example:

nvidia sells the NV15 chipset to Hercules, Creative, Leadtek, etc. for say, $100. Then each of those manufacturers COMPETE to release a better value than the others. Hence, with such competition amongst so many competitors, the NV15 is sold at the cheapest manufacturing costs possible.

ATI/Matrox have their manufacturing in-house. I highly doubt that they're manufacturing operation is as efficient as Hercules/Leadtek. I'd say that it would be a safe bet that if Matrox focused solely on chip-design, we'd see their cards selling for a lot less...

Comment

alessandro...
                          <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Greebe,

My point?????

News!!!!!</font>
                          My point... this is the MURC... not another half assed rumourmill hardware site propagating more nVidia hype... a link would have been sufficient.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Erasing 99% of my post was OK, but erasing MY Personal comments.........Greebe what happen to you man???????????????

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 16 January 2001).]
                            Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x---&gt;6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

Oh you mean...
                              <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">alessandro wrote...
                              There is alot more on the link i posted!
                              -It seems from the article that the current Radeon has at least 80% of the features of the NV20??????-
                              Nice article....Where are you G800???</font>

Comment

Working...
                              X