Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QDR coming soon?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">

SAN MATEO, Calif. — Memory module maker Kentron Technologies Inc. plans to demonstrate a way to juice up double-data-rate DRAM bandwidth using common field-effect transistor (FET) switches.

At the Platform Conference to be held in San Jose, Calif., Jan. 23 and 24, Kentron (Wilmington, Mass.) will show how its quad-band memory technology can boost DRAM memory bandwidth of 100-MHz (200-MHz effective) double-data-rate (DDR) DRAM from 1.6 gigabytes/second to 3.2 Gbytes/s. In addition, the company promises that the technology will scale for each succeeding generation of DDR DRAM.
    </font>
    <A HREF="http://eetimes.com/story/OEG20010111S0021">more here</A>

[This message has been edited by Himself (edited 12 January 2001).]

I call first dibs on the patent! Screw Rambus. Everyone who uses it has to send me a dollar.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Don't send him anything, he'll use the money to buy Rambus and then he'll want more money from us... he's been corrupted, SHOOT HIM ! SHOOT HIM ! (this means you )

Comment

Is it just me, or does this just sound like interleaving, but done on a module?

Paul.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Don't shoot! I will not buy Rambus under any circumstances.

Guns, booze, and hookers, maybe. (I'm a San Franciscan now. ) But not Rambus.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hey! Mabye this is the memory Matrox is waiting for.
            C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Come on!!!!
              The GPU Matrox is working on can´t be that fast, that it would need QDR memory to function properly. 500MHz DDR should do fine.

Comment

This should be apliable to ordinary sdram or sgram making.

And i think that a board with sgram and "qdr" technolgy might be as fast and cheaper than a DDR equipped grafixcard
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Not unless you guys are willing to wait another year or more for the G800 if they actually decided to use it.

Flame proof suit on.... .
                  note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Technoid:
                    This should be apliable to ordinary sdram or sgram making.

And i think that a board with sgram and "qdr" technolgy might be as fast and cheaper than a DDR equipped grafixcard
                    </font>
                    Whaddya mean? That a QDR system with an SDR graphics card will beat an SDR system/DDR card combo?

Paul.

Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                    X