Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero Probs with Win2k & DVD Drive

Hey all,

I tried out Nero 4 a while back, but promptly removed it cos it stopped my DVD Drive (Then an IDE Pioneer 6X Slot Drive) reading discs. The other day I thought I'd give Nero 5 a go. It wrote CDs fine and all that, but AGAIN, my DVD drive (Now a Toshiba 8X, again IDE) also stops working.

The drive letter's there, and it seems to take the disc OK, but windows2000 never seems to realise there's a disc there at all. Uninstall Nero, and all is OK again.

Any ideas? I like Nero cos of the Video CD creation from JPGs and cos of all the options you get to play with

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Ah, it's not nero this time, it's the microsoft CD player! It stops all my CD drives working!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

hey steve,

neros' website has something about the cdrom drives being "locked" in the win2k faq after using the program...which happens' to my system. i have to use scsi mechanic to "unlock" my drives(..all 4 of them!!!) after burning a cd. windows will act as though there is no cd in the drive. i just installed the latest version(..5.038)

cc

Comment

Working...
      X