Whew, glad that's over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whew, glad that's over...

Wow - It's back! And in a time warp also!

Whew, glad that's over...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

you can say that again!!

Comment

Boy you can sure see who the addicts are. We've all probably been trying to hit the site every five minutes since it went down. Got a MURC on my back.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yeah, you know you are a MURC addict when you see the "....down for routine maintainance..." page about 100 times over the weekend, and think to yourself "this is anything but routine.."

Seems to be much faster responding for me now, tho

Rags

Comment

That was a bad one. Dry mouth. The shakes. The sweats. Itching. Swelling. Inflamation. More itching. Flaking. Small children making comments on public transportation. You name it.

I'm feeling better, thank you.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

BTW Paul, you can still get STV feeds on BUD satellite ... or do you have the baby dish?
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I suspect I have a baby dish. It's pretty small. No UPN. No STV. No WB. Lot's of premium channels. Really big bill every month.

What's BUD satellite?

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

... Big Ugly Dish (or more recently called Big Usefull Dish). C and Ku band. You can also get UPN in the clear with MPEG-2 DVB recievers. (Hey ... we're talking about general hardware here ).

Comment

That was a rough weekend indeed. Had to fill the time writing my game scripts for Star Trek Voyager:Elite Force.

And speaking of STV...my good ol fashion rabbit ears pick up the local UPN station, which brings me Voyager 6 nights a week, twice on Weds. And it's free. Nya nya.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The satellite feeds are free too, after you put out for the dish, LNBs, and receiver/decoder. One nice thing is you get the feeds ahead of their normal broadcast time. I used to get DS9 Saturday mornings, the week before. STV is only a day early.

Comment

Greeetings All
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

An antenna. Hmmmm. Could be worth a try.

I live right under Twin Peaks, the two biggest hills in San Francisco. We're on a fairly big hill, but the damn things just tower above us. The city's big TV antenna is on top of one of those two hills. (At least, that's what I think it's for. Either that, or the city is attempting some high tech scheme to channel Timothy Leary, Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia. ) I suspect reception might be an issue.

Paul
                          paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 13 January 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                          X