New mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mobo

Woke up to find my tyan trin 400 dead. Just seeing if anyone knows a great motherboard to use with my g400max and P3(fc-pga)600eb.

Asus CUSL2, or an Abit SA6R.

I have the CUSL2-C and I really like it so far.

Rags

Comment

Did you like the chipset? If so, you might want to try the Asus CUV4X, a Socket 370/Via Apollo Pro 133A board:

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/moth...v4x/index.html

I haven't tried it, but I'm familar with its Slot 1 counterpart, the P3V4X. It was probably the fastest of the VIA boards.

Boards based on i815e and i815ep chipsets are also a possibility. I'm always *a little* hesitant to recommend them to G400 users because of the 64 MB AGP aperture limit. They tend to be good performers at 133 MHz, but they're still seem to be experiencing some growing pains.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Rags and I posted seconds apart. I have a CUSL2-C as well. It doesn't have integrated video, and that minus is a real plus. The board has great potential.

If your G400 runs well with a small AGP aperture and you don't have a bunch of double sided DIMMs, it's a good bet. The fact that your CPU runs on a 133 MHz FSB is a big plus.

The latest beta BIOS, by the way, works very well for me.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thank's guys I'll check out the boards and compare, I'll post which I get and what kind of wintune marks it scores against the tyan trin400. g

Comment

Rags: How's the ACPI on that board? I thought you weren't sure about it's 'issues' - have these been sorted?

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The ACPI issues I saw on the CUSL2 are not there on the CUSL2-C. My system has been up since the night I got it all setup and installed, no crashes and no reboots. This is in win2k ACPI mode installed.

Rags

Comment

Working...
              X