Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does A3D work well with W2k?

Hi,

i recently upgraded sys to p3 1ghz with 512mb ram and i think W2k is the best OS for such an system (now using winme).

But i CAN'T live without A3D 2.0 sound in HL-CS.

Last time i checked there weren't any A3D drivers for W2K.
    But, I just looked at vortexofsound.com and saw that there where beta A3D drivers for W2k.

Anyone tested these? Do they work good?

Michel
    PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Do a forum search, there are "new" beta drivers (new means last month sometime) for the Vortex chips. The A3D in Win2k is supposed to be "pretty good". Dunno what that means, as my vortex card went the way of the dodo when Aureal tanked.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Well. I've tried the newest beta drivers (2559 I think) before I got my SBLive! I previously had a Diamond MX300. Unfortunately, Half-Life crashed when I enabled A3D. I have an SBLive! Platinum 5.1 now. I still miss the A3D.

Comment

Counter-strike crashes to desktop with A3D enabled on my Vortex.

With the Xp card, it fails to load...prolly meaning it's not there.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
        ASUS A7N8X
        Corsair 1GB PC3200
        Parhelia 128MB
        EIZO L685EX

Comment

Working...
        X