Sick of Matrox - Stuipd registration screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of Matrox - Stuipd registration screen

You know, I've been a long time supporter of Matrox (buying a Mil. 1, Mil. 2, G200, G400DH/Max), but with this latest driver release for the G400, I've about had enough.

Quite awhile back they acknowledged the nagging registration screen when you have two video cards in your system running NT or W2k.

I own a G400 32MB DH Max you say. Why do I have two video cards in my system? Because Matrox will not fix the multipule desktop problem. This is where your primary desktop is streched to fill two screens instead of having two independent desktops. They blame Microsoft.

Now, when I goto their support fourm and take the time to fill out my gripes their fourm is "closed for postings" over the weekend.

How long Matrox? How long will it take you to fix these problems? I've dropped a lot of coin on these things and I want something done about these issues.

tforrest,

this is nothing but fodder for the "Soap Box" forum, you should think about deleting this thread from here and re-creating it over there...

the dual-head issue under win2k IS microsofts fault...get over it! we are all aware of the issues with win2k and why one would want two video cards in their system.

as far as Matroxs' TS forum beig closed on the weekends...its' been like that from the get go...get over that too!!

now...the registration...why not just register and make it go away? with the newest driver there is a check box that says "don't ask me anymore", or something to that affect...check it and move on.

cc

BTW...welcome to the forums!

Comment

Go back to sleep and chill out. What good would it do to have the Matrox tech support forum open when they're not there to respond?

Also, this is not the site to address Matrox. We are not Matrox. Ranting here is counter-productive.

BTW, no other single chip card can have separate resolutions or refresh in W2K either, so good luck in solving you problem with any other card either.

Go talk to Microsoft.

oops - Chucky beat me to the punch (or counter-punch, whatever)

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 01 January 2001).]

Comment

First off, if you want help then it might be better to attract bees with honey and NOT VINEGAR!

Secondly, from my experience, an admin would have taken the time to do the research prior to purchasing any product and find out if there is an issue under whatever OS in the first place.

Third, THIS IS A M$ ISSUE, that plagues every multichip graphics card on the market. Matrox knows all about it and YOU are not the first to have a COW because of it. You wanna complain, go jump M$ arse.

Forth, their forums are closed til tommorrow only. This is due to the New Year weekend and Matrox employees have it off. (D'oh!)

Fifth, you should have added to your New Years resolution, "I will not be a BITCH, I will not be a BITCH"! Geesh
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Brian -- I am *WELL* aware that this is not Matrox.

But I do know that Matrox reps do pay attention this this fourm.

Chucky -- THAT is the problem. When you do register, or check "don't bother me again" (again, when you have 2 adapters in your machine) it KEEPS ASKING YOU TO REGISTER after every restart. Very frustrating and the TS @ Matrox has been of little help.

Greebe -- at the time I purchased this card (many months ago) Matrox promised "Multidesktops". Nowhere in their marketing hype did they suggest this problem with NT/W2k. Nor do they at this time.

[This message has been edited by tforrest (edited 01 January 2001).]

Comment

This was due to M$ promising to have it built into Win2K (they refuse fix it in NT tho as this is now an obsolete OS to them).

Then M$ promised a fix in SP1, that didn't happen either. These issues have been plastered on this forum site and Matrox's since it was beta.

Will it be in SP2? Who friggen knows... but the way M$ does business they probably won't fix it now because they plan to include that support in Whistler. Go figure
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

If you're "*WELL* aware" of it don't do it! Don't post Matrox rants here. They are not welcome. Go to the Matrox Tech. support forum.

Also, if you did a search of this site like you ought to, you would know as much about the situation as we do. Read, don't bitch.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 01 January 2001).]

Comment

What are these registration screens? I don't remember ever seeing them, certainly not registering. I've got 3 cards in my Windows 2000 box, G450, G200, Millennium II (21", 17" and 15" monitors).

As far as the independent desktop thing goes with DualHead Matrox were dumped on there by Microsoft. MS said in would be in the release of Win 2K, it didn't appear then they said it would be in service pack 1, again it didn't appear.

Comment

Working...
                X