board identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• board identification

I know from reading this and the Matrox forums that my G400 is a OEMboard. But can someone tell which OEM it is.

MGI G4+ M4A 16DG
    Matrox846-0201 Rev A
    Rev 203D
    MT01740

I know it's a 16Mb, 4xAGP G400 but which drivers and BIOS update would I need?
    What does the DG after the 16 mean?

thx

was it part of a ready packaged pc & if so, which one?

Comment

The DG means Dualhead and sGram.

Rags

Comment

that's the problem. It was sold to my brother as a Matrox G400, not a word about where it came from. Somehow it doesn't work right with the standard Matrox drivers. I've read that OEMs might need special drivers from the OEM company. That's what I'm trying to find out. So far I have found that especially Compaq uses their own BIOS on certain devices.

Comment

What are the system specs he is trying to use this on?
          List hardware, OS, drivers, bios revision and IRQ's used please.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

RAGS: that with the DG being dualhead and SGRAM can't be right. It's not a Dualhead. That's for sure. I know from the Matrox forum that a DH in front of the 4A is the designation for dualhead. Could it be possible that DG stands for a company name?

Specs: 466Mhz Celeron, ASUS P2B-F, IRQ11, driver 6.21.003, BIOS 1.5-22

Comment

Sorry, I misread the part number, but it's not a special card IIRC.

What kind of problems are you having?

Rags

Comment

Working...
              X