Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popup Ad killer

http://wwwwin.wplus.net/pp/fsc/

Small assembly language systray based program to auto close popup windows. Been noticing a lot of those things lately myself.

A simple quick fix is to put these annoying sites into the Restricted sites zone with JavaScript disabled. Also for sites which disable right clicking.

Comment

Anybody have a list of banner sites so that I can block 'em for my network?
      C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I can't even find the disable JS setting in IE 5.5, it used to be under advanced.

Comment

It's in Security. Go to Custom Level. Disable "Active Scripting" at the bottom.

Comment

Can you say... Webwasher?

Best of all it's free for endusers!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

LS,

Thanks for the heads up.

I set "active scripting" to prompt, just about every site I use has javascript.

Greebe,

Installed webwasher to get rid of the extra systray icon, (couldn't remember the name of the thing when I was searching) but I recall having problems with some sites using a proxy before using webwasher, I'll see if it comes up again.

I don't mind the ads, the sites I visit have to make money somehow, just the popup windows. I don't want a popup giving me the chance to win a car or to subscribe to online match making service, is there such a thing as negative advertising? Step one, piss off your potential customer. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

you can configure webwasher the way it only blocks pop-up windows

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                X