win2k crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k crashing

my win2k crash every times just before rebooting or going into hybernate mode. I can solve this problem by deactivating my HW+ before the reboot. Do you think that there's a way to correct this or I'll just have to live with it?

I've also noticed that in the property sheet of the HW+ win2k have detected that card in the PCI BUS 2.... but that card is in the 4th PCI. My SBLive is also detected in the PCI 2, which is normal since it is really in that slot. Could this be the problem?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

What does it say in Device Manager>Computer>?

Paul.

------------------
    The Pace3000 Network (under reconstruction)
    PaceCentral | Seti
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Device Manager>Computer>? ..... I don't understand... and since my win2k is in french it is hard to find that particular place. Could you give me some more details?

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

What he means is this (I think): right click the little computer on your desktop, manage (or whatever manage is in French) choose device manager, under the properties of 'standard computer' you'll find some irq related stuff..

[This message has been edited by EdSki (edited 25 December 2000).]

Comment

I mean, find this and tell me what it says:

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

ok, here's the picture.

Spazm

Comment

Yep, it's ACPI. Flash your bios. If that doesn't work then reinstall Windows 2000 and when it say's "Press F6" press F5 instead and pick Standard PC.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

ACPI? flash my bios? with the lastest one? I think I've already got the lastest one. I'll check for the bios, but what do I do if it is the lastest?

Just some minutes before posting this, I connected to the net and checked my mail.... while dw the mail I had a blue screen and it was written on it "machine check exception" (and some others thing I haven't got time to read before it rebooted). When I got my system back up, my net connection was gone... my SETI doesn't work anymore it starts and give me errors.

Spazm

Comment

I've check.... I have the 1.003 which is the first bios.... there's no newer. In the asus ACPI support page, the CUSL2-C isn't lised... that's weird. And about pressing F6 while installing win2k.... when am I supposed to see that, I saw it when it was loading the raid devices but I don't think it's there....

How did you see that it was a problem with the ACPI? What do you recommand me to do, change my mobo (I'll check my my brother maybe he will be able to give me something else.... I'll have to find someting before)?

Spazm

[This message has been edited by spazm_1999 (edited 26 December 2000).]

Comment

I think that my system is now correct... to correct it I selected the ACPI device in the device manager and I changed it to standar PC. Microsoft said not to do it for some reasons that I don't remember... but for now, it seem to be alright.

Spazm

Comment

How did you change it?
                      MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
                      AMD Athlon 64 3200
                      1024 MB PC3200 RAM
                      WD 160 GB HDD
                      2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
                      ATI 9500 64 Videocard
                      Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
                      Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
                      Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment