Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRQ[n]=4096 in [ENH386] section

Assuming your video card is using IRQ 11
    Putting the following line in SYSTEM.INI , under the 386enh section , IRQ11=4096 should apparently give you some speed increrase as well as increasing system stability when overclocking.
    Does anyone know something more specific ?
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Adding that line will assign more RAM to that IRQ in Cache. This will not make it "more" stable if overclocked, but it will make it more responsive because it has more RAM to queue commands from. I think Windows assigns something like 256k or 512K per IRQ. Adding more RAM to the allotment will help busmastering, particularly if the IRQ is shared.

I have tried this tweak with Videocards and NICs and seems to help the NIC more than the video...

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Have done some benchmarking / testing and it seems the only thing affectet is peek performance which seems to vary more than before.
      Example : In 3DMark2000 Adventure low detail the framerate counter is displaying numbers more rapidly than before ( it's flipping the numbers faster than my eye can tell ) i.e it cycles through much much more numbers but within a narrow range but the overall score is almost the same so no change there.
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Working...
      X