X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this new ATI dualhead?

just saw this on the ATI site...apparently coming in Feb 2001
    http://www.ati.com/na/pages/products..._ve/index.html

RADEON™ VE's ability to support dual displays is fully optimized with ATI's Hydravision Multiple Monitor Management Software making the RADEON™ VE the leading edge product for dual display. Detailed information on ATI's Hydravision will be become available in the near future. For information on Hydravision now, please visit www.appian.com

Powered by RADEON™ VE graphics processor
    Flexible multi-display support enabling any combination of VGA, digital flat panel and TV with HydraVision™ Multiple Monitor Management Software

So, is this a Matrox dualhead killer...is it a real dualhead?? confused...but I ma always confused

bongo

If it is a Matrox killer, I can't say. Let's wait what their drivers are up to, what the card costs, who here at MURC is going to buy it

But apparently, as far as I read it, it is a Dual Head version of the Radeon.

Let's see if they can guarantee their quote of: "Quality product from the world's reduced cost of ownership - less downtime, low power consumption, full technical support, and five-year warranty"

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 21 December 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I think the key is the term "HydraVision™ Multiple Monitor Management Software."

If this means just a setup proggie like PowerDesk that's one thing.

If it means that the realtime display handling is done by software instead of circuitry than that's something entirely different.

It's all in the implementation.

Dr. Mordrid

------------------
      Asus P3B-F 6 PCI
      PIII/850
      Gigabyte GA-6R7+ slotkey
      Matrox G400/Flex3D
      Matrox RT-2000
      256 megs RAM
      Promise SuperTrak100 (4 x 60g IBM 75GXP: 240g RAID0)
      AWE64 Gold

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 21 December 2000).]

Comment

yes Dr. M it is vague...unless i see 2 vga ports on the back of the card...then ATI has it's head up its a**...I could not find a picture of the back of teh card that woukd shoe 2 ports...harumph!

Comment

you know whats' funny about that article is they(ATI) claim that their hydravision technology is "leading edge technology"...then what does that make matroxes dual-head?...to me it means that matrox is ahead of its' time.

imitation is the best form of flattery

cc

Comment

Even the presence of 2 VGA ports wouldn't necessarily mean wonderful "dual-head" support. Absent dual pipelines like the G4xx cards what do you end up with?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X