Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best settings to o/clock the G400 vanilla?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best settings to o/clock the G400 vanilla?

I've got a G400 32mb Dualhead Vanilla, and want to get it overclocked. I've got MGA Tweak 1.2, is this the best software to clock it with?

Also, what are the best settings to start with? I've tried the top box to 280 (anything over gives problems) but would like to edit the fields separatly. I've searched previous posts but figured this would be faster than reading through several threads...

Thanks guys! (& gals)

------------------
    -Jay
    -Jay

Jay, when OCing the hooty hoo out of a Gxxx we normally do this in Matrox Hardware or if one is using MGA Tweak, in the MGA Tools forum. BTW the later is moderated by the "Man with the Plan" KJ Liew, whom wrote MGA Tweak.

Many have found MGA Tweak vastly superior to anyother OC util, but is a bit daunting do to it's complexities at first. I'd suggest doing a quick search in the Matrox Hardware forums for more insight to others used.

Since I'm the only one to reply to you so far and since I don't know if you want me to move you to which... Just say which and I will, or a simple cut'n paste repost on your part could in the appropriate forum could be in order.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Sure, go ahead and move it over to the MGA Tools.

Looks like my Fo= is maxing out arount 270 if I want a stable setting. I've got a fan on the heatsink, but it's probably not a great one.

Also, the card doesn't appear to be hitting the agp4x level. Is the G400 dh32mb vanilla compatible with 4x?

------------------
      -Jay
      -Jay

Comment

AGP4x is only availible if you have a 4A in the part #. These cards were produced after Dec '99 and of course a MB that's compatible.

Will move ya now
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X