Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please forgive me for I have sinned.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please forgive me for I have sinned.......

Well guys as much as I hate to say this I wounded up buying a new video card yesterday at a computer show. I winded up picking up a Radeon All-in-Wonder video card to replace my G400MAX thats in my system.

My choice was directed by these reasons:

1. My current rig is going to become my secondary system that I want to use to dable in Video editing etc....

2. I was thinking about getting a Rainbow Runner to add to the G400MAX or using my G200 Marvel that I had already that was orginally in this PC.I had a really hard time finding a Rainbow Runner as the Matrox store didn't have any listed and I winded up selling the Marvel to my Old man to put in his P2-500 system that will replace his "secondary" system made up of a P-233 with an ATI all-in-Wonder Card. I got a hundred bucks for the Marvel so that made it more little bit more palettleable to part with .

3. I thought about a G450eTV card, but this didn't really offer any improvements over my G400MAX gaming-wise, since my current machine isn't going to get replaced untill AMD760 DDR boards come out with a onboard RAID and the G800 or what ever comes out!

4. In no way shape or form was I going to support Nvidiva, esp with the recent turn of events that have happened in the last couple of days. Plus I was not impressed at all with the Geforce 2 video card that I put in a friends system and running it at 1280x1024 on my monitior....overall the image quatily sucked!

5. I'm not going to say that Matrox sucks now, because they don't! I've really enjoyed using my G400 MAX for the past year. Its just that its pretty much behind the times for what I want to do with it. It should find a nice home at work once I get myself a desktop permently in my office (work off my shitty laptop now). I'm Eagerly waiting for the G800 to come out within the next 6 months (I hope!). I figured I don't have to suffer now till it does, to enjoy the newer features that the comptation offers.

6. I still plan on coming here and asking questions and hopefully answering some of them also. This has to be one of the best commuinties out there on the internet for knowegele etc.

Thanks guys!

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I suspect that a lot of the posters here no longer are running Matrox products in their main system...but we all know where to find the most intellegent forums...

Comment

Why excuses? You feel that bad about it? very odd.... Matrox isn't a religion! Why would I care for what you buy? This is just a forum to help people with problems, and people with Matrox hardware only cover for about half the fori...

Comment

As long as we are confessing our "sins", I too bought an ATI Radeon 32 DDR for my 13 year old son for Christmas. That just means I get to upgrade my computer from a G200 to his "old" G400. Finally, I'll have a G400 of my own. Of course, he can still beat me in Homeworld, AOE, or anything else even with one hand tied behind his back. But at least a G400 will give me a fighting chance now. I know these games don't use all the video of Quake, but some of the racing games he plays should be faster on the ATI than the G400 and that should make him happy.

RAB
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Originally posted by EchoWars:
          I suspect that a lot of the posters here no longer are running Matrox products in their main system...
          Guilty as charged

but we all know where to find the most intellegent forums...
          Couldn't agree more
          -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Comment

I have also sinned. Last weekend I upgraded to a 1 GHz system and just could not go back with my G400 Max. Check it out.

JP

------------------
              Workstation Specs:
              Pentium III 1 GHz, ASUSTek CUSL2-C i815EP with no Built-on Video or Sound, 512m Crucial PC133 CL2 SDRAM, Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro 64m, Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1, Hollywood DVD Decoder Card, 3Com 3C905TX-C NIC, Adaptec 2930 Ultra SCSI Adapter, Western Digital 30g ATA100 HD, Sony 5x/32x DVD-ROM, Sony CD-RW 145S/C, 19" Sony 420GS, and Windows 2000.
              Workstation Specs:
              Pentium 4 2 GHz, ASUSTek P4T-E i850, 1024 MB PC800 RDRAM, ATi Radeon 8500 64m, Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, 3Com 3C905TX-C NIC, Western Digital 80g ATA100 HD, Sony 16x/40x DVD-ROM, Sony CD-RW 175S/C, 19" Sony 420GS, and Windows XP Pro.

Comment

Working...
              X