Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to fdisk, partition and install win 2k without boot disk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to fdisk, partition and install win 2k without boot disk?

I have to reformat and reinstall win 2k because of registry problems. I have done this many times before but have always installed a win98 boot disk and run fdisk, deleted primary dos partition and then created dos partition and formatted 1st, then booted to cdrom and installed win 2k. Is there a way to do this without without using win 98 boot disk cause I don't have it.If not I can get it in a few days but wanted to start on it tonight. Thanks
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Boot from the W2K cdrom!
    Most computers that are fast enough to use W2k has the option in BIOS to boot from CDROM.
    The W2k Setup program lets you delete and make partitions and then format on the fly!

------------------
    System 1
    Intel PIII-800/133MHz MSI 6337
    Pixelview GeForce MX 32MB sdram
    SBlive Value (oldest piece of equipment in my can ! )
    256 MB RAM CAS3 @ 133MHz
    58GB HDD Space!(Actual 60GB) (30+30 IBM DTLA 30GB drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX140E 8/4/32 CDRW

System 2
    PIII550/100MHZ Gigabyte GA-6BXE
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    128 MB RAM CAS3 133MHz@100MHz
    Fujitsu 2.6 GB HD (system)
    IBM DTLA 30GB (Capture)
    Sony 48X CD-ROM TRAY
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

alternatively, you could try www.bootdisk.com for a boot disk!

Comment

Pace:

You can create boot disks from win2k cd. Find the "bootdisk" directory and run "makeboot.exe". You'll need four floppies.

Comment

Pace? I think you've looked at the wrong thread Sir

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Duuh! Must be some good shit I am smoking...

Damn, strong stuff! WOOOOOOAAAAHH! _____~~~ Want a joint, man?

Comment

I booted with cdrom like Technoid suggested and it worked like a charm. Now the task of reinstalling everything .Thx
              Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

Working...
              X