Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans

Anyone recommend a good CPU fan for an Athlon 1GHz, quite likely to be overclocked a little higher than that

Delta fans come recommended for performance, but apparently you may need to wear earplugs they're so loud.
    Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

The copper Hedgehogs are the undisputed champs. Get one with a Sunon fan to keep the noise down compared to the Delta fan. They're a rather hefty US$45 at <a>www.plycon.com</a> but thats as good a price as anywhere.

RAB

[This message has been edited by RAB (edited 17 December 2000).]
      AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Try GlobalWin FOP32, FOP38(with Delta fan) or an Alpha PAL6035 and don't forget to use Artic Silver Paste. They are excellent for overclocking and little easier on your wallet. Duron 700's doing 1100(FOP38), 1050(Alpha PAL6035), 1030(FOP32) Tony at Plycon is very easy going and knows what he's talking about when comes to overclocking. I dealt with him for all my cooling needs. Give Plycon a try.

Comment

I'll vouch for the performance of the FOP38 with a Delta fan and silver-based thermal compound.

I'll also vouch for the Delta fan's volume. It makes quite a racket.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I agree with RAB that the Hedgehog is the best heatsink available right now. But the AMD processors are a bit on the fragile side and AMD recommends that you don't use a heatsink that weighs more than 300 gms. The Hedgehog weighs 475 gms and could chip your processor if the case gets moved around or transported frequently.

The Alpha PEP66T (without the feet) or the PAL6035 are the next best heatsinks. The Delta 38 CFM fan is a bit loud which doesn't bother me a bit. But do not go any lower than the YS Tech 27 CFM fan for an Athlon processor that will be overclocked a bit

"Fan noise is the sound of Power, as jet noise is the sound of Freedom!!!!!!"

Darth_Mahl[MU]
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
            X