This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k registry help

My Win2k install got kinda flaky the other day. Got it back but OE wasn't stable. Ended up deleting all registry entries and reinstalling SP1. That fixed it but one registry entry wasn't rewritten. So now when I click an email link a whole bunch of blank IE windows appear. Could someone post the the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mail entry particularly the OE one. The entry for Outlook would also help.

tks

Rick
    Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Rick,

Have tried this?--> Install another email program, such as Netscape or Eudora or whatever. Run it's email proggy one round, let it call itself the default email. Then just use outlook express again, and it will ask you if you want to make it your default email, tell it yes. Then goto IE, Tools, programs, and select Outlook Express as the default browser email proggy.

Rags

Comment

D/load IE 5.5 sp1! That should fix it! And if you already had it nstalled before this hapend click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Double click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 SP1 and Tools (Select your version number/name as appropriate). Select Repair Internet Explorer & hit Ok. This will fix any detected errors as appropriate. Reboot for the changes to take effect.

------------------
      Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

If you don't have IE 5.5 on your machine, DON'T put it on. There are quite a few problems with it, do a look around the BBS's to see what I mean. Wait until they get a better version out.

Rags

Comment

Don't listen to Rags! Nutscape has more bugs then IE! Besides I newer had a single problem with it!

------------------

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru,

Listen you little twit, I didn't tell him to use Netscape. Read my post again.

Please follow my advice, not Guru's.

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags:
              Listen you little twit
              What's wrong with you m8? Read your own post!
              Install another email program, such as Netscape...
              Anyways he asked how to fix it and I gave him an answer how to do it without installing another browser or e-mail prog.!

------------------

Comment

What's wrong with you m8? Read your own post!
                I have read my own post, and I am NOT your mate. He has a registry problem that will involve getting several entries redone, and what I instructed him to do should solve it. I am not asking him to use Netscape, I am showing a simple way to get windows to reset certain registry settings. You are confusing the issue, because you cannot understand what people post. You have a bad habit of not reading posts and understanding them. I know your native language is not english, but maybe you should take that into account before shooting your mouth off.

Anyways he asked how to fix it and I gave him an answer how to do it without installing another browser or e-mail prog.!
                Yes, he asked how to fix it. I showed him how. And you ARE asking him to install another browser and email program. If he is using the 5.01 IE and OE, then he should stay with it. It has FAR fewer bugs, and annoyances. I gave him the best option, since he won't have to ruin his IE option. Of course if he is already running 5.5, the repair option may or may not work.

Rags

Comment

He has a registry problem that will involve getting several entries redone, and what I instructed him to do should solve it
                  So did my answer!

You are confusing the issue
                  Well it's easyer to update IE or runing the repair option (not sure it works in 5.0(1))then installing another mail prog. and uninstaling it later and removing all the garbage it leavs in your registry!

If he is using the 5.01 IE and OE, then he should stay with it. It has FAR fewer bugs, and annoyances. I gave him the best option, since he won't have to ruin his IE option.
                  Well thats your opinion! In my opinion IE 5.5 is working far more stable not to say faster then 5.0(1)! However you always seem to have a problem whenever someone does not agree with you 100%!

------------------

Comment

Rags, he's pulling your leg... just ignore him, or something... if you give a serious reply, you'll give him what he wants

Guru: go fetch a bone or something... I've buried one somewhere in China.. if you'll find it, you get 5 more for free

Comment

I don't care if you agree with me or not. That's your problem. I DO care when an idiot cannot read, then posts garbage because of it.

Go back to spamming the TSB and SETI forum, it suits you much better.

Rags

Comment

if you give a serious reply, you'll give him what he wants
                        Again if he thinks it's going to be easyer that way it's fine with me I'm just telling what's in my opinion the easyest and best way to solwe the problem!

Guru: go fetch a bone or something... I've buried one somewhere in China.. if you'll find it, you get 5 more for free
                        FYM8

------------------

Comment

I don't care if you agree with me or not. That's your problem. I DO care when an idiot cannot read, then posts garbage because of it.
                          Well thats your opinion again!

Plus you seem to have a realy bad attitude problem I think you should get some help with that!
                          ------------------

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 17 December 2000).]

Comment

LOL!!!

Comment

Guru, growup little boi! I won't tolerate your BS in here, Got it?!

Rags is correct, I would only suggest using IE 5 for the moment til M$ gets the bugs worked out of the other.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X