Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP] Matrox DVD Player

I have a DSR-600H DVD Rom.

'Til now, it has given me a lot of problems.

For example DVDs being rejected while playing, DVDs not been recognised, DVDs that are playing and stops at random moments, locking the player...

Well...
    Yesterday was my birthday, and a good friend has given me Abyss. I've tried a lot of time to play the title, but every time without results; sometimes, windows refuse to see there is a DVD into the driver.

Just to try someting different, I've installed Power DVD 2.5, and it has given me no probs.

So, do someone know if I can fix the Matrox DVD player to play my titles?

------------------
    Italian Guy, Bad English

D'ya want an Italian version?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

There is good news and bad news: First, the bad news.

The Matrox/Zoran player is total crap.

Now, the good news: Cinemaster, MGI SoftDVD, and Power DVD will work perfectly with the Matorx Cards with and without the DVD decoder module.

If you are having problems with the DVD drive, make sure it set as the primary master on whatever IDE channel you have: you might also need to check whether the drive itself is region-locked. There might be a firmware upgrade to "fix" that problem.

I should think that Cods, Greebe or Himself would have the bookmark to the DVD drive page that will walk you through identfying and setting your DVD drive up to be Region Free.

Best,

M^3

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

www.7thzone.com might be worth visiting!
      System:
      Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
      AMD Thunderbird 800
      SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
      Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
      LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
      Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
      WinME
      directx 8.0a
      384mb pc133

Comment

Which video card are you using? Are you using the G200 or G400 Matrox video cards?

The Zoran player came with the G200-series add-on daughter card. The Cinemaster player came with the G400-series cards.

Also, don't use the Abyss as a judge of correct operation. It is the only DVD my computer won't play.

Comment

I own a G400 32MB DH.

I do not use Abyss as judje, I simply noticed that the playback of every CD I have tryed (is it the correct spelling?) is totally a ****.

I've tried in the last few minutes Matrix and Abyss with Power DVD, and it all work good.

Anyway, does it exist a way to install a few DVD engines on a PC, and have a software that give the choose on which to use (for example, I have PCFriendly, that ask wich engine I have) ?
          Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
          X