Dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question

I've had a bnc cable from dabs.com. It's supposed to a iilyama video cable however the V sysnc and H sync cables are reversed on the labelling. I tried this yup the right round according to the monitor connections and it brings up a nice distorted image.
    I've got a new cable from iiLyama that works fine with the V sync and H sync labeled differently and this works perfectly.
    This gets me thinking whether the orginal cable was for a Mac. Are Mac video out the same ?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I could be wrong about this ...

At one time, PC's and Mac's used completely different standards. (I ran into this problem once.)

However, I *believe* Apple is now marketing their monitors to PC users. I believe the standards are now the same. I know Macs require different VGA drivers, but I think outputs, plugs, and cables are now the same.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 16 December 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the info can anyone confirm this?
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We have a small numbers of Macs down at our Design department. When I went to switch a Mac monitor onto a PC I noticed that the video cable had a different adapter. They do sell the nescessary converters however. Just take a while to find one.
        Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Mac's did have different hook-ups, but I don't know about differences in BNC hook-ups.

The PC-Mac adapter is a common piece, it can be ordered online, or many monitors come with them (especially Sony monitors). I bet I have one sitting in my misc. parts box at home.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
          X