Aureal Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aureal Win2k

Vortex2500 drivers WORK! even the coaxial out works=) This is great, now I have sound.

Thank goodness, the thought of going over to a SBLive was horrifying.

downloads.aureal.com

it's the wdm drivers

Just a heads up. I keep hearing people saying so coaxial out for their aureals. Now I'll see if A3D works.

Rob~

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
    ASUS A7N8X
    Corsair 1GB PC3200
    Parhelia 128MB
    EIZO L685EX

Obviously A3D has to be installed seperately...

CS crashes to desktop if u try to join a game w/ A3D enabled. Umm, no sound in CS either. Music works.

Ok, I'm gonna need help making sense outta all those A3D file names. What do they mean and what do they do?

ASUS A7N8X
    Corsair 1GB PC3200
    Parhelia 128MB
    EIZO L685EX

Comment

Update:

Sound works for everything. I just forgot I turned down sound for everything. It's slight slight slightly gitchy. For those who play starcraft, in B.net sometimes the sound works sometimes it doesn't. However when you're in a game it's fine.

Listening to music is ok. It's there but it sounds "cheap."

Rob~

ASUS A7N8X
      Corsair 1GB PC3200
      Parhelia 128MB
      EIZO L685EX

Comment

I found the same thing using anything but the basic Win2k drivers with my MX300. Some games crash outright, and everything else sounds scratchy. Nuts.
        Games Box
        --------------
        Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
        ------
        Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
        -------------
        Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Same with the SBLive!: everything but the default Win2k drivers suck with that card...

I know that Liveware3 is supposed to work with hardware acceleration with DirectX8 again, but I vaguely remember that there were other problems with Liveware3. And since uninstalling LiveWare drivers is a hell, I better not risk my currently fine Win2k install...

Comment

dZeus...agreed. I replaced my MX300 with a Live...and everything hit the fan after installing the LW3 drivers. I found that setting the system back to 'standard' from ACPI avoids the 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO' BSODs, but using EAX in games still causes annoying 10 second diskthrashing freezes.
            Games Box
            --------------
            Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
            ------
            Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
            -------------
            Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Actually, I can't tell a difference in sound between the beta drivers and the default Win2K drivers. Though, Half-Life crashes with A3D using the beta drivers (default drivers have no A3D). Are the Live drivers any better? If not, then I guess I'll stick with my MX300. I was planning to get a SBLive! Platinum since the Aureal drivers for Win2K are pretty bad right now and it doesn't seem they will improve.

Comment

Yes the Live! drivers are better. Are they great? Not really. Multiple sounds will cause some weird and delayed sounds to be emitted from your speakers at times. Have they crashed my system one time? Nope. Have they crashed at all? Nope. Does EAX work? Yes, but not as well as win9x.

Rags

Comment

I've read that its good to just install the Live! drivers and avoid LiveWare. Why is this? What does LiveWare do exactly? Why is it bad?

Comment

The only problem with sb live I've had is with background noise being picked up. I don't have this problem in win98.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Bah~

Sorry, was out for a bit. I just got one of those 7 CD-Roms in one things and an isa scsi card to go w/ it. The thing screwed up my comp like crazy. Man, jumpers can kill u=)

Anyways, is it possible to say go get drivers from videologic and install them on an aureal or turtlebeach? Would it work? I assume they're all basicly the same except for the box. In case another company came out w/ new drivers so we can possibly use them.

ASUS A7N8X
                      Corsair 1GB PC3200
                      Parhelia 128MB
                      EIZO L685EX

Comment

Working...
                      X