Rocket Arena Won't Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Arena Won't Load

UT RA won't load in my computer. It wants me to point it to the directory in which I have UT installed. It says C:\UnrealTounament is incorrect. Want's the correct location. WinZip uncompressed the program files without error. Neither of the included updates will install.

UT Runs fine on this computer

Computer is CUSL2 with PIII 733
    256 MB Mushkin CAS2 PC133

Anyone solve this problem previously?

shouldn't that path be c:\program files\uneal tournnment?
    then again I could be completely wrong here!

Comment

I take it this is a normal Umod install.

What version of UT are you running? Epic made some changes to the API in UT432, so mods designed for older versions don't work in UT432+ and new mods will not work with older versions of UT.

Also, have you moved your UT directory from its original location? If so, edit unrealtournament.ini and correct the path.

Some people have been reporting problems to us with the Rune demo screwing up UT umod installs, so if you have had that on your system you will need to reinstall UT.

If none of that helps, I'd recommend getting a version of RA:UT that isn't umod based (if there is one) and just extract everything from the zip to your UT folder.

Of course, you could always just play UnrealFortress instead

------------------
      Unreal Fortress developer

Comment

ayoub_ibrahim - Thanks for the reminder, but c:\UnrealTournament is the default folder for that application. Don't ask me why...

Raptor - Yes it is a normal Umod install.
        Version 436 UT is running. The RA file is fairly new, and installs correctly on similar installations of UT in other computers, using the exact same Umod files.

Haven't moved the UT directory from its original location.

Don't have Rune demo.

Thanks for the hint about non-Umod RA. Now that I think about it, I did see something about that in one of the common UT sites. I bet that'll work. I tried installing RA at 2:00 am yesterday and posted immediately afterward. Wasn't remembering everything I needed, like the presence of the non-Umod files.

"Of course, you could always just play UnrealFortress instead..."

Maybe

Thanks for the help

Comment

I've looked into it and the only RA 1.60 package available is Umod.

Also, I found a solution to this problem in some computers (not mine unfortunately). In some cases, the Umod file type is linked to Unreal instead of UnrealTournament.

I still need ideas anyone...

Comment

Ok, to make sure you are using the right Umod installer do this

extract the umod to your UT\system directory
            open a command prompt.

cd to your UT system directory and run

setup install "name of umod.umod"

hopefully that will work

------------------

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.

(With the quotes?)

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 14 December 2000).]

Comment

Thats the exact syntax for a Win2000 command prompt, I think its the same for a 9x DOS box too.
                The quotes are so you can pass the long filename to the program - the .umod means you have to use them.

------------------

Comment

If I remember correctly, I had a similar error message when loading RA 1.60 (also running UT 4.36). My fix was pretty straight forward -- I moved the UMOD file into my UT system directory, then it ran fine.

BTW, my UT directory is not is the default "program files" directory, so I don't think that matters much.

If this doesn't work, I remember a few months ago (during the MGI server skins fiasco) a thread that suggested a command line way to load UMODs that were giving difficulty. Do a search in the gaming forum and you should find it. I think the suggestion came from ACE. If I find the link, I'll post it...
                  My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

OK, here's the link:
                    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003879.html

I think this is the important part....

ALBPM
                    MURCer posted 01 July 2000 15:45
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    It is best to unzipp or place all .umod files in C:\Temp.
                    Then go to START\RUN and type in:

C:\UnrealTournament\System\Setup.exe install C:\temp\MOTDEnabler.umod

The install program should start and then you will need to tell it to install to:

C:\UnrealTournament
                    -------------------------
                    And if that doesn't work, here's another thread I found:
                    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004099.html

Hopefully, one of these will help.
                    (I'm surprised this hasn't yet been moved to the gaming forum... )

My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Thanks for all the hints. I'll get my son to try these if he fails again by changing the reference in the Umod file type reference.

Beezer, I considered putting it in the gaming forum, but I belive this a software installation issue more than a gaming issue.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 14 December 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                      X