• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambus: They're at it again!

This time, it's NVIDIA:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/15371.html

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

I'd like someone at Area 51 to tell those alien friends of theirs to zap the RAMBUS headquarters....

I'm really getting sick of those guys.

Dr. Mordrid

------------------
    ===================
    Asus P3B-F 6 PCI
    PIII/850
    Gigabyte GA-6R7+ slotkey
    Matrox G400/Flex3D
    Matrox RT-2000
    256 megs RAM
    Promise SuperTrak100 (4 x 60g IBM 75GXP: 240g RAID0)
    AWE64 Gold
    ===================

Comment

well.... Rambus may seem to be the bad guys here (and they also are, to a certain degree). This (Rambus way of getting money) would not be possible if the patent system wasn't as flawed as it is right now.

Comment

There wouldn't be a problem if RAMBUS had conformed to the industry like they were supposed to. If they had filed patent according to JDEC agreement then people wouldn't have a problem with leasing the technology (assuming it truely is theirs in the first place) and people would find them innovators instead of blood sucking fiends.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Does anybody know if they are being sued because of their Geforce DDR interface, or because of their new 'Crush' mobo chipset?

If its because of the video card side of things that could mean trouble for everybody, if its only the Crush then its nt that much of a problem.

Comment

Look at it this way, if it ends up with a crosslicense agreement and Nvidia starts using RDRAM, in time Rambus will never let them use anything else, same as they did with Intel.
            I don't think Elsa, Hercules, Leadtek, Creative and others would be too happy about that, they could just switch to 3Dfx.

Comment

Working...
            X