• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, a game demo with a PII450 requirement

http://www.3dfiles.com/games/f1champ...ason2000.shtml

About time.

Requirements:
    P450, 128 Megs RAM

that requirement could be for a p3 as cpu type is not specified!

Comment

Well, it's certainly not a plain Pentium.

Tried the demo, nothing special seeming to me.

Comment

Even the new RealMYST has a 450 processor and a 16 meg video card as MINIMUM requirements. I played the demo and they are not lying. It needs every bit of it. I was using a g200 (8meg) and a K6-3 450 and it plays slow and jumpy at 1024x768x32 with high textures. Its still not fast on my K6-3 550+ with the G400, but it is smoother.

I guess we might as well get used to the 450 requirement. It looks like the defacto standard for next years games.

RAB
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Not really suprising at all. Decent 450+ mhz cpus have been out for more than a year, and now can be had for very little cost, even here in australia. (where american prices seem dreamlike)

I am more suprised to see that game's system requirements have remained so low for so long (in general)

rugger
          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

They were just being unrealistic. They would get better sales if they "allow" playing on more computers. I guess they only up the system requirements when the complaints and returns makes the current labeling impractical from a marketing perspective.

Comment

I want to see 600MHz cpu required or better. Most demos you see only require a P200 still.

Comment

Working...
              X