new KT133A chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new KT133A chipset

Looks like the new version supports a 133FSB. Question is how long before we see it on boards, particularly the A7V? Don't want to buy a new motherboard with a superior version of the chipset coming down the pipe.
    Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

I heard January.

I'm under the impression that VIA chipsets aren't like videocards. VIA announces and motherboards follow shortly afterwards.

Unexpected delays at the very last minute are not uncommon, however.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 10 December 2000).]

Comment

These days, it seems pretty hard to buy anything (especially a motherboard or video card, CPU to lesser extent) without there being something new coming down the pipe. This has been especially true for the Athlon line. The KX133 chipset was not even around for five months before the KT133 came down the pipe. Now the KT133 has also barely been around for five months, and we have the AMD 760 and KT133A, as well as the ALI Magic coming down the pipe any day now! When I was first looking into building my system early spring this year, KX133 was all the rage, but still, most people said wait for KT133. Then shortly after KT133 came out, people were saying wait for the DDR-RAM chipset motherboards....now apparently it's wait for the 133 FSB Athlon boards. It never ends I tell ya! I say, don't buy the latest and greatest, buy one generation behind the current, you've save some money, and your system will be more stable as it's had most of the bugs worked out of it.

Just my humble opinion, of course... I'm still waiting for the prices of KT133 boards to come down to the KX133 level, as they were supposed to be cheaper, but it ain't happening..

Aaron

Comment

Working...
      X