Another slowdown issue - This time MS Outlook 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another slowdown issue - This time MS Outlook 2000

Right, me again. I use Outlook 2000 for my main email account, and all my mail goes straight into personal folders.

When I receive mail, at the moment, I have no rules or anything set up, and so it goes straight into the Inbox. Now, say I receive 2 mails, I can click on the first, and it selects it and shows me its contents instantly....but then when I click on the 2nd, it'll sit there and do nothing for five seconds or so before responding. It's not major, just annoying when going through lots of emails.

Now, this definitely isn't related to the keyboard/mouse issue I posted earlier.

I have outlook's profile set up with 2 personal folders (One is an archive). The first Personal Folder (The archive) containts over 195Mb of mail, then 2nd Personal Folder (the main one I use) contains over 192Mb of emails. I'd guess there's about ~8000 emails in each personal folders.

Before you say outlook can't handle this, it aso happens on my work PC - there's probably only a couple of hundred mac. on that machine.

(Home PC: PIII 700@875 (no different when at 700Mhz) 256Mb PC-133, 17Gb Fujitsu, Abit BE6-II mobo)
    (Work PC: Celery 533, 64Mb, 10Gb IBM, Some odd ex-Packard Bell Mobo, in an ex-Tiny Computers case!)

Any ideas? Or is MS-Outlook just crap?

PS: I've just done a fresh install of win2k...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

EDIT: I Edited something.

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 09 December 2000).]

Or is MS-Outlook just crap?
    Me as a Netscape user won't say a thing
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Have you run the inbox analysis wizard (in Help menu, called "detect and repair")? That's a good first step. Also do you have fax enabled? And/or MS mail? If you have ANY services other than Internet mail enabled on it it will run MUCH slower. I suspect fax, unless you cancelled the symantec fax wizard when you set it up...

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
      X