Dual monitors, but monitors interfere with eachother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual monitors, but monitors interfere with eachother

Now I am doing Dual Head at work, and due to space limitations in cubeville, I have the two monitors right next to each other. They are both relatively large monitors (17" and 20"), and they interfere with each other a little bit. I can see an interference line working its way down on the 17", and another one working its way up on the 20". They are running in 1152x900@76 on 17", and 1280x1024@76 on the 20", both in 24 bit color.

What is the best way to keep the monitors from interfering with one another? I can't really separate the two any further apart. Is there any place that sells a sheet of lead to prevent the interference?

If placing a piece of metal between them will help, then any sheet metal will work. It doesn't need to be lead. You might try changing the refresh rate of one of the monitors to 85 Hz or more. This may make them appear to not interfere with each other so much.

Comment

Can't help you with too much of the specifics here, but ... What you're looking for is a shielding plate but I understand that they're relatively expensive (buddy looked into it to add to speakers). I think the shielding is more a matter of properly spaced and sized holes in the plate. Don't hold me to it though.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Unfortunately, the 20" montior is a fixed frequency monitor and only takes 76Hz.
        Doubly unfortunately, the video chip driving the 17" monitor is a cheap worthless piece of ati motherboard-integrated crap that is too brain damaged to do any better refresh rates unless I want to reduce the resolution. I'm alredy enough pissed at this excuse of a video card for not being able to do any higher resolutions at 24 bit color than 1152x900.

I might try digging up some metal sheets to see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Do what i did. Seaperate them a bit, then put the sides off a case between them. It SHOULD visably reduce the effect. If it doesn, then you have found your problem, and the solution would be a large peice of lead or similarly dense metal.

If not, you have other problems, but i doubt it.

Comment

I think I found something that does the trick. I got a good, thick piece of metal from an old Sun server chasis that we had in ruins around the office. It is looking much better now, and the monitors are still pretty close together.

Comment

Aluminum foil is thick enough

Comment

Working...
              X