modem on w2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modem on w2k

After 3 day of work on my darn modem I was finaly able to make it work on w2k. I'm currently connected to dw the SP1, but when I looked in my system tray to see the speed I was connected I realised that there's no modem icon... then I thought how am I going to disconnect?... any idea?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

I found the way to correct it. I forgot to check the little check box in the modem property.

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

The problem got back when I rebooted my PC. But this time the check box in the modem property is checked.... I don't see any other way to show the dialup icon. Does someone know if one exist? If not i'll have to create myself a software for it and I don't really want to...

Spazm

Comment

It always worked for me with my dialup (when I had it), and win2k. Now with cable, I don't have the silly icon there anymore.

Rags

Comment

Well when you have a dialup connection it's rather fun to have it.

Oh, just noticed that I forgot that I use altavista free acess to dialup.... but I don't see why win2k wouldn't be able to put the little modem icon on the system tray when win98 & NT4 do it.

Spazm

Comment

It should be able to just fine. It's in the control panel for your modem.

Rags

Comment

if it's external modem, try adjusting ur modem again and then rebbot with ur modem turned on.
              i.e. turn ur modem on before loading windows.
              GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

No it's an internal modem... it's a GVC SM56K made by motorola (motorola drivers doesn't work on it).

I think I found why I have this problem. On this image you'll see that I have 2 connections.

The second one seem to be created just before the modem dial and is deleted after it has dialed.... I opened it when it was dialing and I saw that the property wasn't checked... I checked it and I saw the dialer apear... but I can't do this every time... there must be an other way.

I also have an other little bug, I can't change my monitor refresh rate.... it say's that I have to choose a monitor, but it's already chosen.

Spazm

Comment

Make a shortcut to the first dialer on your desktop, and have the properties in this one with the check in place. Then instead of using another icon to connect, use the shortcut.

Rags

Comment

I can't do it.... the "Altavista FreeAccess - 1" dialup is a dynamical dialer created by the altavista software. It seem that I'll have to live with it for the time I'll be using it because altavita will close on december 10th. Maybe my next ISP won't do the same thing.

Wow just checked the dialer in the Taskmanager of NT5.... it take 15meg of ram.
                    That's what I call a very bad memory use.

Spazm

[This message has been edited by spazm_1999 (edited 06 December 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                    X