idrive..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idrive..

I've got files to dw from idrive but with my 56K modem a 2mb file takes about 8 hours to dw.... and I can't stay that long online. Does someone know's a way to speed up the transfer because 0.073K/sec is far too slow.

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Im geting 0.15K on a 1Mb ADSL! Have you considerd changing to X-drive?

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Bad dog. BAD DOG! I SAID BAD DOG!!! Go HUMP SOMEONE ELSES LEG GODDAMNIT!!!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

What is causing the slowdown? Certainly a 56K modem can DL at 5KB/s consistently. What DL speed is normal for your connection with your ISP? Should show by placing the mouse pointer over the computer icons on your taskbar.

Many times, the connection speed can be increased by reestablishing the connection at a different phone number in your area. Some numbers are very busy and notoriously slow.

Also, check your max port speed ("Maximum speed") in you modem properties. Make sure it is set as high as possible.

Also, in your connection properties, make sure your HW (modem) compression is enabled if available.

Comment

Do you download slow from other places, or just iDrive?

Comment

I guess this is more a problem on i-drive's side and not due to a misconfiguration.
          I opened a i-drive account not so long ago as well but scrapped it because of these unbearable slow DL-speeds.

So I fear you have to live with it until i-drive is fixing this. At least you're not alone...
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

I really don't know what's the prob with idrive.... I wrote them a mail to tell them that their service sucks because the dw speed is too slow.... their answer was :

quote from idrive...
            ------------
            Hello,

Thank you for contacting idrive.com support.

i-drive offers all of our users a finite amount of storage and
            bandwidth. The bandwidth is evenly distributed to our users and may vary
            depending on the amount of users on the system and files being
            downloaded at one specific time.

We apologize for the level of service you have been experiencing from
            our site and appreciate your understanding the need to share resources.

Thank You,

i-drive.com
            -------------

Men how can people up or dw files to their serveur when it's that slow. I've dw MW4 demo yesterday at 5.3K/s constant.... why can't idrive give the same speed.... even my brother with is DSL has the same speed on idrive.

Brian R. thanks for the settings they was already set this way by the driver.... I just wish that they were working on w2k.... I just like to use that OS, but the driver doesn't work at all.

Indiana, had you tried to upload files to you idrive? I've seen people uploading ISOs on their so there's 2 possibilities.
            1- they have no slowdown problem with idrive.
            2- they're completely crazy 'cus 1 file of 15meg takes my brother 105hours to dw.

Spazm
            P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

i-drive, myspace, et al - they're all crap! They can't handle the traffic they recieve cos they're now the no1 means for pirates to transfer copied stuff.... I'm lucky if I can even load up the home page of any of them, and I'm on a cable modem!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Ditto SteveC!

After noticable problems with iDrive and Myspace, specifically DL rates... one would expect them to be better esecially on a cable modem.

Concerning Myspace, I sent the CEO, Richard (Ricky) Aaron an email which was immediately addressed and followed up on. The problems are due to many factors on their part(hardware/software/changing things around etc).

To sum it up, tommorrow I wouldn't want to work for Myspace because all the correspondence recieved, was forwarded back to the CEO late Friday.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

There are tricks to make it faster, with MySpace you have to replace the last two digits with either 48 or 49, depending on the last digit. If it's even use 49, if it's odd use 48.

Comment

Originally posted by spazm_1999:

Indiana, had you tried to upload files to you idrive? I've seen people uploading ISOs on their so there's 2 possibilities.
                    1- they have no slowdown problem with idrive.
                    2- they're completely crazy 'cus 1 file of 15meg takes my brother 105hours to dw.

Spazm
                    Yes, I've tried uploading files (4 small GIF/PNG images of about 30k) and after one hour trying I had managed to get one! of the files on the i-drive server .
                    DL speed was about the same you're getting, so I gave up and registered at claranet.de (a german INet by call provider that provides free email and 30MB webspace for hompages/....). No problems uploading files and decent dl speed (at least here in germany with ISDN).
                    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                    My System
                    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                    German ATI-forum

Comment

That server seems great.... but I guess I'll have to wait for idrive to correct their speed problems.... my files are on it and I can't send them to me bu email because they're bigger than 1mb...

Spazm

Comment

I've had similar problems with i-drive so now i'm using freedrive wich gave me 300 mb of diskspace and acceptable bandwith
                        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Working...
                        X