Bnc cable for monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bnc cable for monitors

I've notice that Ilyami make one for around £30.00 quid. Is it anyone good?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I don't think it's worth it. It might improve things a little bit at high resolution, and then again, maybe not.

I use one, but only because it was included free with my monitor. I talked with a guy at Nokia and he said its main use is in very electonically noisy environments, such as manufacturing facilities.

Comment

Yea, I'd thought about it too when I got my VMPro450, but didn't bother either - remember, you are starting off with a DSUB connection so any real benefit of separating the cables is lost here. However, at high resolutions and over long cable distances you could well notice the difference in noise.

Me? Well I've got a TNT2 at the moment so it don't bother me much about getting good cables, at least until I get my (oh no, not another mention for the G800)!

Paul.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Thanks chaps.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well I just complained to Iiyama about an issue at high res/high refresh rate and they sent me one of their BNC cables free
          The problem I was having was with a very slight flicker down one edge of the screen when I wewnt 1280x1024 @ 85hz on my 17" Iiyama, the BNC cable sorted that issue out.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I do want to run a high resolutions it maybe worth it.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Typically one won't see a difference unless running 1280x960 as a min. I have both vga and rgb connected to my Cornerstone 21" and can say I do see a small difference. Tho this isn't what I was aiming for... I needed to connect two systems to this one monitor, so it has worked very well in both cases
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Right I'll try again. Couldn't post for some reason. The resolution I was thinking off was 1280*1024.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X