SB LIVE in DOS 6.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB LIVE in DOS 6.22

i need to get my SB LIVE to work in dos. can it be done without having to install windows 95/98?

I would copy the directory containing the SB16 emulation junk from a w9x installation to the DOS partition, and copy and paste the sb live related stuff in the autoexec.bat and config.sys. Remember it's just a SB16 emulation, not everything will work.

Comment

Not all installs have the dos emulation drivers for some reason, so download the DOS drivers I just made available <a href="http://194.131.85.139/steve/sblivedos.zip">here</a> (2.3mb; sblivedos.zip)

That should work!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Creative SBLive! installation sucks hard!!! You must have Windows to run the installation setup to extract any DOS related SB16 emulation files. This is one major thing that I really hate about SBLive! If anyone knows how to extract any single file from SBLive! propriety installation archieve (they ended with extension .LIB), please let me know.

If your DOS games are able to run under Windows DOS box, it's better to play it that way. SB16 emulation is better under Windows DOS Box, in fact, you can even get nice Roland MIDI support from some DOS games. SBLive real-DOS emulation needs EMM386.EXE which sucks again.

KJ Liew

Comment

thanx guys. they dos drivers at creatives site are gone so this will come in handy =)
          going to try 'em out the next time i boot up in DOS

Comment

still doesn't work
            when running the liveinit.bat i get some errormessage saying something like sb irq already used by blablabla...i'm using irq 5 for the soundcard and it should be available... does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong?

Comment

The live requires one irq, best would be 9 or higher, and the emulation requires a seperate one, either 5 or 7. Perhaps the emulation is trying to use the same irq as the live. Make sure they are different.

Comment

Working...
              X