• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurray new monitor

Brand new spanking Ilyama vm 451

Wait for it wait for it.

And it doesn't bloody work.

Well my other replacement cheapo 19 inch should arrive tomorrow so that will do until the other is replaced. Well I'll have to put up with the 17 inch I borrowed from work for now.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The Pit,

It sucks to wait for something and then have it not work when you finally receive it! Hopefully the return/exchange process isn't too painful.

On the subject of cheapo 19" monitors, what's a good one? I'm talking the sub $300 range (including shipping) here, are there any ones that are decent? I know Samsung 950P is a great one but ends up around $325-$350 after shipping.

What about a 17", any good ones out of the really inexpensive mointors?

Cheers,

Aaron

Comment

Can't give any suggestions for new ones, but my policy has been to buy excellent quality used monitors instead of cheap new ones. Auctions and computer shows (where you can actually see it work) are my sources.

Comment

The cheapo isn't a good one it's Belina 10 60 20. This is the third failure in a year. The others had poor focus in the middle of the screen or colour degradition across the screen. The last one was the best of a bad bunch so I put up with the slight geomentry problem (Top right screen bent upwards several millimetres) in case I got a worse out of focus unit like the previous monitors.
        The Ilyama do a 19 inch monitor the s900mt which sells in this country for £227 including our taxes. This has had some good reviews. Normally things are cheaper in the usa so that one should be a good bet.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'll second Brian's post... I do the same.
          example:
          My Cornerstone 50/95 21" was $494 with S&H
          That was two years ago

Being factory refurbished... it had failed on the production line and needed a few minor soldering touchups. Otherwise NEW, perfectly aligned, with awsome image quality
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It depends on your budget at the time sometimes. I've seen the Ilyama at work several times and I've been impressed with the display. This is just bad luck in my case that this one doesn't want to play ball.
            Before I bought the Belina I also saw one at work at this looked good hence my decision a few weeks afterwards I saw another two and the displays were shit. The poeple using them must need glasses by now if they carried on using them.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Aaron,

I got myself a Optiquest V95 19in monitor last year for $300 bucks or so. It looks great and is made by Viewsonic and compairs favorablely to their model but the only difference was that the Viewsonic has 3 yr warrenty and I beleive that the top refresh rate at 1600x1200 was 85 on the veiwsonic vs 75 on the optiquest.

Scott

------------------
              Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The NEC FE950 19" monitor is maybe not as cheap as the ones you´ve mentioned, it costs around 450-480$ but it is definetly worth the cost as it is perfectly flat with wonderful colors and a sharp imagequality I´ve never seen before.

Comment

Well I'm back on the cheapo 19 inch yep the replacement for that has arrived and it's one of the craps ones. Nice and blurred at 1024 x 768@95hz where the other one was fairly clear. Backed it down to 75hz.
                  Can wait for Ilyama to be replaced on Monday then I can sell this rubbish.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Now I can say hip Hip hurray. Got the replacement Ilyama 451 and this is one nice monitor.
                    Now I need to sell the other cheapo crappy monitor.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X