Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liveware drivers win2k (maybe old news...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liveware drivers win2k (maybe old news...)

Dunno if this is old news or not, but I just found on creative's site (http://www.creative.com/support/files/download.asp?prod=sblive&OS=Win2k&reg=1&select=Get +Files) that you can download just the liveware 3 drivers and not then install the whole crap load of software that comes with liveware3!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Yes, Steve, old news

Anyone know of SBLive problems btw? I remember reading that in Win2k there have been some horific stories - anyone help here?

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

That's what I do, I install liveware, set it up for quad sound, then I uninstall the works. Games still work with eax and DVD software uses 4 speakers.

Comment

The most annoying problem with Creatives Win2k drivers is that they don't support digital audio-out. So I have to reboot into Win98 for watching DVDs with my DTT2500 digital .

Other than that they do work here.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Noone here about Liveware for Win2k actually trashing some SBLive's?

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Kinda off topic, but are the DTT2500 / DTT3500 (optical?) speakers any good? Mine are on their last legs...
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

OK OK Old news (it's just that they're dated november if I remember correctly)

Yes - I agree that no digital out is VERY annoying under win2k. I used to have to go to winMe to play DVDs too, but then I bought a 'proper' DVD player

DTT2500 = 5 speakers + sub + Digital decoder.

DTT3500 = 5 speakers + sub + 6 (?) channel amp (NO DIGITAL DECODER! - this is because these are for the Live 5.1 Platinum which has the digital decoder onboard the card itself.

I have a Live 1024 + DTT2500 and am very pleased with it, although it's best suited to a smaller room than a hall!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 04 December 2000).]

Comment

i have the 5.1

That speaker bundle seems quite cheap though...much cheaper than Richersounds etc...
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                X