is gigabyte mb stubborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is gigabyte mb stubborn

hi again, i am using gigabyte GA-7ZM mb. i understand usually gigabyte mb dont allow u to change the multiplier or the vcore volt,accept the fsb.i have used the gigabyte easy tune3 software to clock to 115 fsb and is working fine.just for extra info can any one tell if there is any way else i can clock, if there is.or can i change the dip switch setting on the mb to change the fsb or should i stick with the easytune3 software.thanx for acknowledging.

------------------

sounds to me like you've answered your own question ie use the software to o/clock as the board doesn't allow vcore or multiplier changes. just make sure you have good cpu cooling with the o/clock.

Comment

u can just change the FSB dip switches, but i dunno if they'll give u the same range of speeds the easy tune is giving u.
      i have a gigabyte 6BXE myself, and i don't use easy tune (the board is old for such kinda fancy stuff .. 2years old)
      but i'm running my celeron 300A at 450 with no problems so far.
      i just set the fsb to 100 instead of 66.
      regarding the cpu multiplier .. no board will actually change them coz they r locked for most new intel cpu's.
      and about the volt change, i've managed to run a P3-450 at 600 on this mobo by tapping the cpu pins (2.2 instead of 2.0)
      so unless u use a slotkit which has voltage adjustment or tap the pins .. u won't be able to change the voltages.(they have a new SW that lets u up the voltage by 10%)
      GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Working...
      X