2 sticks of RAM on CUSL2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sticks of RAM on CUSL2?

Hello, has anyone tried that? I would like to know if there are any issues when using 2x 256MB sticks of RAM on the ASUS CUSL2.

Salmonius

hope that it's not ECC memory you're thinking of getting!
    as to your question, I'm sure someone has tried it, but I can't enlighten you of any issues. the info below about the board suggests it should be ok.
    "PC100/PC133 Memory Support Equipped with three Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets to support PC100/PC133-compliant SDRAMs (available in 64, 128, 256MB) up to 512MB".

Comment

My buddy just tried exactly that 3 days ago and it only recognizes 128MB each of the two sticks of 256MB memory. We are not sure of the root cause yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thank you very much. I once had 1 stick of 256 and 2 sticks of 128 and it worked for the most part except games would crash. I think this was dues to the fact that in pc133 mode, the chipset only supports 2 dimms and otherwise it is unstable. I was reading the memory forum over at www.cusl2.com and some people report problems and some others say it's fine. I want to buy 2x 256MB pc133 from Micron soon but I want ot make sure it works!

Salmonius

Comment

No problems what so ever.
          I have 2x 256MB PC133 CAS2 memory modules and my PC correctly reports 512MB RAM.
          My two modules are hyundai ones.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Are there different revisions of this board at all?

Newer BIOSes?

What speed etc is your pal running the memory at Dave?

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
            X