sending stuff back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending stuff back

I am wondering if this situation is the same all over the world or is just limited to the UK or possibly to just me.

Whenever i have had faulty stuff and had to send it back i ring up the company to determine whether the item has arrived and how long i can expect to wait for a replacement. I am usually told something like "oh that will be around two weeks, ring us back then". I then leave it three weeks and ring up. It's uncanny the amount of times i have rung up after three weeks to be told that the item was being shipped that day. Do these people just think 'we'll just wait for him to ring back and then send it out' or am i just unlucky?
    1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
    Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
    Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

It´s not you, I can definately say that much

But what I usually do, is get really pissed by the third phonecall or so, and demand my money back....

Once I couldn´t get my CD player fixed, so I took the whole damn system (amp and speakers) to the store (without warning them that is) and asked them to take it back so I could buy something that worked. That pretty much did the trick
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

I've found sending faulty stuff back generally OK.

One company I know of gave trouble when a friend ordered a K6-2 450 and mobo from them ages ago. The CPU was fried, but they wouldn't accept what we told them and asked us to try a load of crap to try and make it work. I told them it worked fine in another identical mobo (from my brother's comp), but that wasn't good enough for them. Eventually we managed to get them to give us an RMA and it turned out that.... the CPU was faulty. Idiots.

I seemed to have an unusually high number of faulty components from them too, so I haven't ordered from them since that incident.

Comment

The most annoying thing is when they insist that you keep the orginal packaging otherwise your warrenty is void. Do they expect us to keep a warehouse full of every cardboard box that we've unpacked?
        No the only problem I've had is when they say the person you need to speak to isn't here but we'll take the number and ring you back.
        Of course they never do and you have to keep ringing back.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What's worse is when they insist you speak to one of their techies who obviously knows a damn site less than you do! I once had to speak to someone in Intels tech support regarding a NetPort, it was clear he'd never seen one before in his life.
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Just when I said I never had a problem with a company on getting a returns setup I get one. Four phone calls to get a damn returns number despite being assurred three times we'll ring you back!
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X