CD Autorun in Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Autorun in Windows 2000

I need help! I installed some CD Burner software that came with my Plextor Drive the other day and it informed me that it was going to turn of CD Auto-Insert Notification (otherwise known as CD-Autorun). Well, I let the software turn it off, and now I really need it turned back on, but I can't find the control anywhere. Can one of you Win2K pros tell me where to find it?

Thanks,

Eric
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

So is it actually off?

And have you tried uninstalling the CD-R software?

I can't find it anywhere, not even Win2k Help can, er, help!

Paul.

------------------
    The Pace3000 Network (under reconstruction)
    PaceCentral | Seti
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Found this however:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\C drom\Autorun 0x00..01 (1)

On mine - maybe it's set to zero on yours?

Check and see!

Paul.

Edit: It's also in the folliwing keys:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\C drom\Autorun 0x00..01 (1)
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Autorun 0x00..01 (1)

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 27 November 2000).]
      Meet Jasmine.

Comment

To enable autoplay, use regedit.exe and change the follow registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Cdrom change "autorun" to 1

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 27 November 2000).]

Comment

Guys, thanks for the help. I changed the registry settings that Rags suggested and it still doesn't work. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling my Adaptec software to see if it will enable it for me... Any other suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Eric

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 27 November 2000).]
          ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Eric: I take it that it was set to zero then?

Make sure you haven't messed up the key in any other way! It should probably still be the same length as before, with the last of the 0's changed into a 1 (possibly the one in brackets too).

Oh, and did you restart afterwards?
            And is DirectCD running?

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Working...
            X