Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like memory prices on the way back up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like memory prices on the way back up..

Last Friday I ordered up a stick of 256MB PC133 to complement the 128MB I already have. While I seriously doubt I'll make much use of it now, for $102 including shipping, I just couldn't pass it up, and know I will be set for some time to come. I see 128M and 256M sticks have gone up at least $10 in the past few days, more like $15 for the 256M.

Now I just hope this memory I will be receiving in a day or two, will work with my machine... Ah well it is gauranteed to do just that, and no restocking fee if it doesn't, so no big deal I guess.

Anyone else wish that you could just buy a stick of memory and know without a shadow of a doubt it would work in your machine? I mean I know computers are complex devices, but it seems this past year or so there have been way too many stories of MBs not accepting ram that works just great in a different MB. I can understand this maybe with a video card or even sound card, but I say memory should work everywhere!

I remember about 7 years ago, buying some 'cheap' RAM from a friend of my brothers, and the question of what brand or quality it was didn't even enter into the transaction. I got a great deal, it worked fine, etc. I still cannot believe I paid $135 for 4M !!!!

Rambling again..

Aaron

An old rule I've suggested for years is still standing - £100 (or $100 - computer equipment = what exchange rate? ) worth of RAM is what you should always have.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Aye,
      That's a good rule of thumb.
      Although there is nothing quite like running Windows 2000 on a home PC with half a gig of RAM
      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Working...
      X