• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushkin's Friday night Special PC-150 for $99/128MB DIMM

128MB PC-150 HSDRM modules for $99 with free 2nd day FedEx shipping

http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mushk...roducts/990555

Only for tonight....

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Thanks for the head-up!

Got me four! Super OC action, baby!

Comment

SHI*
      I just bought crap "PC133" memory f*ck
      AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
      /me screams in agony
      I saw Micron 7E for $91 today too
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I was eyeing the 128 MB MUSHKIN w/SIEMENS Infineon PC133* special for $79. This will go into a Asus P2B-S v1.03 so I don't think this will o/c above 133 MHz (never tried o/c'ing). I currently have a CAS2 128 module but I don't know how far I can push it. What is the significance of the Siemens Infineon nomenclature (memory chip manufacturer?). Is this the appropriate memory for this system or should I be looking at the budget 133 board? Any suggestions?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam, go for the good stuff, at least if you want to use it on a newer MB it'll work fine

Anyone remember the prices on memory this time last year? I sure do and boy am I pleased!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe, I assume you're referring to the PC-150. I thought about getting it because it might be good for the next MB, but then I started wondering if the next MB might require DDR or (ahem) RBUS memory. I'm very slow to upgrade. I buy very good stuff and use it to death. We're only talking $20 and also I could just get two of the PC-150s and I would have no problem with o/c'ing because I could set aside my current memory. The PC-133 special is limited to one per customer.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

What is the significance of the Siemens Infineon nomenclature (memory chip manufacturer?).
              Infineon used to be Siemens Semiconductor. Broke away in 1999 to form their own company, will be totally free of Siemens in about 2 years probably. 8th largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world.

Infineon designs/produces memory, DRAM included. So yes, they're your manufacturer and designer.

Hope this answers your question.

b
              Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Thanks spoogenet.
                Regarding compatible memory with my current memory: Still haven't looked at my DIMM but Sandra reports it as: Bank 0 + 1 Memory Module: 128MB 16x(8Mx8)SDRAM CAS2 PC100-222-620, Bank 0 and 1 setting: 64MB SDRAM 7-1-1-1R 5-1-1-1W.

Comment

Just a Heads up on the PC150 HSDRAM specs...

CAS 2 Modules (2:3:2) @ 150 MHz
                  CAS Latency = 2
                  RAS to CAS Delay = 3
                  Precharge Delay = 2

They are designed to run at the above settings from 100MHz to above 150Mhz FSB.
                  So, set them at 2-3-2 after installing them.

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Screw it. I haven't treated myself to anything in awhile. I'm going for it!!! I just ordered two PC150 HSDRAMs so I'm guaranteed of having 256MB o/c'able memory. I can always sell my other memory if it can't keep up (which it probably can't). I just committed myself to enter the world of overclocking. Guess I'll start there before I go for the slocket and new CPU to upgrade my PIII-450. Look at what you guys gone and did.

Comment

I grabbed the Infineon stuff. The next time I switch board it'll probably take DDR and my Celeron doesn't benefit from anything over a 100FSB, so I'll save the $20. Covers the cost of Fedexing it up to Canada anyhow.
                      Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Pauly, my Crucial (Micron) "7E" mem is marked as PC133 cas 222, but Sandra reads it as 232. Who's right?

Here are my current settings bios settings (at 100mHz).
                        Trc 5
                        Trp 2
                        Tras 4
                        cas 2
                        Trcd 2
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe, Maybe set the Tras to 2 and see what sandra says.

The Crucial Micron is good stuff and should run past 160MHz with CAS=2, RAS to CAS=2 and Precharge=2.

Pauly

Comment

Say Paul ... how do I interpret the numbers that Sandra reported on my existing RAM (see post above)? -222-620? 7-1-1-1R 5-1-1-1W?

Comment

I don't know what the 7-1-1-1R and 5-1-1-1W mean.

Look at the Memory Module info below that.

Mine shows for each 128MB module:

Enhanced Memory Systems 128MB
                              16x(8Mx8)SDRAM pc152U-232-452(CL3 upto 152MHz)(CL2 upto 152MHz)

I don't know what the 452 means but it does show that the modules are rated to run at 152MHz at settings of 2-3-2

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X