Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rounded ATA100 cables!

www.pccables.com/images/01518.jpg

Look closley on the "mobo conector"(the blue one)! Is it just me or does it look like an ata-33 cabel?

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Jepp as I suspected there is only 40 cables! So it's not an ata-66 (UDMA-66) cable!

------------------
      Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I often wondered why we still used the ribbon style cables. The round ones make alot more sense.

------------------
        AsusP3B-F ,iCeleron466on Slotket, 128megs PC133 cas2, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 13.5gigs of HD's, 52X CDrom WinME PD 5.41 with 6.10 ICD,Altec Lansing ATP3 Subwoofer system,Envision 17incher,1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico
        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Bohrn,serial ATA will be with us next year!

Comment

Guru, here's a link giving description of cable as ata66/100 http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orde...les.com&rcode=

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim:
              Guru, here's a link giving description of cable as ata66/100 http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orders6.cgi?ac tion=Showitem&id=ID284609&partno=01518&search=RIBB ON&rsite=www.pccables.com&rcode=

Ok!

Still they are showing an ata-33 cable!

Comment

Bohm: cost is the primary reason.

Does anyone know why they advertise twisted pair wiring? I thought there was only 1 pin/signal.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I imagine they're using twisted pairs to reduce noise injection ... they're not adding more signal lines.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Here in Holland there are other rounded IDE cables for sale. They look a lot longer to me then the ones posted above:

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 18 November 2000).]
                    PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

But twisted pair is only good for filtering noise if you're using differential amplification, right? There doesn't seem to be a way to detect common-mode signals.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X