No announcement yet.

Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy kicks A**!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy kicks A**!!

Cool info.

Yep, the epoxy work's <h4>SO</h4>good that Paul's fingers are stuck together!

Oboy

[This message has been edited by Oboy (edited 17 November 2000).]
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

It's SeTtIng Up. $*&%&%^$%(**&% HuRrY uP WiTh ThE AcEtoNe ObOy. SorRy I CaNt TypE aNy MorE
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy kicks A**!!

I've already used the epoxy for a project I'm working on utilizing three Peltiers. The AS Epoxy is fantastic stuff!!

I just used it to attach three different sized Peltiers to an aluminum plate - cold side down. And then used it to attach copper/silver plates to the hot side to collect the heat for an application I'm working on.

This will be great for attaching cold plates to Peltiers. Beats the heck out of the old thermal paste and super-glue technique. It also appears to stand up to the heat produced by a 52W Peltier very well.

It is a 2 part epoxy and has the strength of a good 5-minute epoxy so whatever you use it for just remember it is "PERMENANT".

Mix it and spread a (THIN) uniform layer on whatever you are going to use it on quickly and keep the pressure on for 10-15 minutes while it sets up. It is a bit slower setting up than a straight 5-minute epoxy.

It beats the Hell out of any thermal tape or Aluminum Oxide epoxy I've tried but keep in mind that you may not be able to remove the Heatsinks you attach with this stuff. That's why I said a "Thin Layer".

You won't be able to run your graphics card for awhile to heat it up and twist the Heatsinks off like the older epoxies that we are used to but the thermal conductivity of the Arctic Silver is fantastic.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
        X